Black Unity Trio – Al-Fatihah

Onxidlib

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea but I wasn't about to take the risk,

It's the sort of title that could end up at Jazz Messengers or Honest Jon's. I would guess that will very much depend on how the initial sales go - if they go well then they may not be inclined to bother with international distribution. Maybe worth seeing if you find any of the label's other releases in Europe?  Or, email them and ask?

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, Pim said:

Yeah their shipping rates are very reasonable. But according to the guy working at Gotta Groove this will be only avaible trough their website. Well, we will see :)

https://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Black+Unity+Trio/

I got confirmation from Gotta Groove today that Juno have bought copies from them so you might yet be in luck Pim

• 2 weeks later...

Just arrived this morning.

Great sound and pressing. I'm a bit of a puritan when it comes to non-expanded reissues with different covers, and the gatefold isn't ideal (compared to an insert) but Ras Moshe Burnett's liner notes are cool. I had not heard it in such a long time that I'd forgotten how introspective the record actually is, and the quietness of some of the cuts is well-served by this very silent vinyl. Recommended.

11 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Just arrived this morning.

Great sound and pressing. I'm a bit of a puritan when it comes to non-expanded reissues with different covers, and the gatefold isn't ideal (compared to an insert) but Ras Moshe Burnett's liner notes are cool. I had not heard it in such a long time that I'd forgotten how introspective the record actually is, and the quietness of some of the cuts is well-served by this very silent vinyl. Recommended.

The anticipation builds...