Black Unity Trio – Al-Fatihah

Onxidlib

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My item was shipped with UPS. I never had had a UPS shipment that was delivered without any problems.

This time it’s not much better. It should have been delivered yesterday.... it was so close but for some reason it never arrived. In the meanwhile my package has seen the whole country. And it’s moving away from me now. Yesterday it was in Hoofddorp (20km from here). Now it’s in Eindhoven (150 km from here). What the hell are those guys doing.

7 hours ago, Pim said:

My item was shipped with UPS. I never had had a UPS shipment that was delivered without any problems.

This time it’s not much better. It should have been delivered yesterday.... it was so close but for some reason it never arrived. In the meanwhile my package has seen the whole country. And it’s moving away from me now. Yesterday it was in Hoofddorp (20km from here). Now it’s in Eindhoven (150 km from here). What the hell are those guys doing.

The Black Unity Trio is on tour of the Netherlands.

Well, I gave it a spin and must say... wow! This is some very intense music. it's my taste exactly: the eastern influences, and going out without losing itself in absolute chaos. Some highly talented musicians. But what surprises me the most is the sound quality. They did a very, very good job. Does anyone have the original to compare? Was this recorded so well, or remastered so well?

Only thing I do not like so much is the packaging which feels a bit cheap. But I am very happy to add this to my collection. 

Edited by Pim

On 11/28/2020 at 7:22 AM, sidewinder said:

I would hazard to guess that the sound on this one is better than on the original !

Agree with your comment on the packaging - they could have used a sturdier cardboard, I guess this was an ‘eco’ job. On the whole, happy with it though.

I've listened to an original before -- this has a little less murk to it and a bump in clarity. Not a drastic difference, just a bit of brightening in the corners.

1 minute ago, clifford_thornton said:

yes. I'm actually surprised that others have had issues, but then again pressing plants have been lousy of late.

That is true - even RTI have been churning out sub-standard vinyl this year.

Just hope that my Sonny Rollins (in the mail) isn’t one of them !

Edited by sidewinder