COVID-19 2.0: No Politics edition

31 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Guys, in your opinion  why in a time like now the Facebook stock isn’t up, but instead has tanked? I’m not a regular FB user myself, but many if not most adults checkin just about every day.  Don’t they make money from advertising based on traffic?

Stocks tanking have nothing to do with the companies themselves but investors being very nervous. Investors crave predictability and right now nothing is stable. 

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

As much as asking an advisor why toilet paper was disappearing, I think.

I would not ask my financial advisor why toilet paper was disappearing. He doesn't deal in toilet paper.

If I was going to ask anybody, it would we be my grocer or my Target manager or somebody like that. Somebody who actually deals with the product.

But the answer is obvious to me - people are mostly stupid to one degree or another. They hear that Covid-19 is "just like the flu" and go thinking that everybody's going to be shitting their pants all day every day for a week and buy up all the TP so if it happens to them, they'll be ready. They also hear that it's not going to be that big of a deal, but, you know, shitting your pants, don't want to take any chances. Besides, TP is always gonna be good, right?

And of course, none of that is remotely true (except for the part about toilet paper always being good). But hey.

This reminds me that there was just a video on LinkedIn of some guy using a bandsaw to cut paper towels down to toilet-paper shaped rolls (almost a Red Green move, though no duct tape was involved).  Most of the comments begged him to take it down, as this was a particularly terrible idea that would clog up sewers and septic systems.  I mean it was probably meant as a joke, but there are a lot of clueless and/or scared people out there now.  This really isn't the best time to be spreading such bad information.

Edited by ejp626

11 hours ago, sonnymax said:

Not sure if you're nuts or desperately seeking attention. Either way - fuck you.

same to you buddy.......you choose to believe the lies that will lead the govt to enforce martial law, forced vaccinations. ....all for a FRAUD......A HOAX.....I'm not on here posting for attention.....I am genuinely pissed off at this fiasco that has transpired in this country the last 3 weeks.

9 hours ago, bresna said:

Please be joking. Honestly, I truly do hope that you forgot the smiley faces here. Because if you really meant this, I will forced to use this forum's ignore feature, which I haven't had to use in many years... decades even.

Yes, I meant it and it's high time you people start exercising your critical thinking skills and you ignoring me is not going to change the in your face tyranny that's being shoved down our throats right now over a made for TV B-MOVIE production hoax.  People are dying from other causes and it's being labeled coronavirus.

9 hours ago, Justin V said:

Forget about toilet paper.  I know who has been hoarding the tinfoil.

No buddy.....the tin foil is on the CDC/mainstream media   When they start shutting down sporting events and sports stadiums and schools and telling people they can't go to work even when they are independent contractors and shutting down restaurants and the whole economy for that matter for some boogieman virus that should cause you to start asking the real hard questions.

Edited by bigbandrecord

11 hours ago, felser said:

I work with the hospital systems for, among others, Northwell Health System (Northshore University Hospital, Long Island-Jewish Medical Center, and 21 other hospitals), New York-Presbyterian Hospital (whose campuses are the teaching hospitals for Columbia and Cornell), and New York City Health and Hospital Corporation (Elmhurst, Bellevue, and 11 other hospitals).  I guess the medical staff, the sick patients, and the corpses didn't get the message that this is all fake.

They died of other common causes(seasonal flu, pneumonia, sepsis etc) not some fictional coronavirus that was written in a comic book story 30 years ago.  Oh and I am supposed to give up my rights because of some older pre-conditioned illness people dying.    There literally shutting  down whole economies over this......and the hatefulness coming from people (even my own family) when I try to tell them the truth of what's really going on.

The so-called tin foil hat conspiracies of the past 25 years are now happening in real twilight zone time and few people see it.....at least for now.

Edited by bigbandrecord

54 minutes ago, bigbandrecord said:

They died of other common causes(seasonal flu, pneumonia, sepsis etc) not some fictional coronavirus that was written in a comic book story 30 years ago.  Oh and I am supposed to give up my rights because of some older pre-conditioned illness people dying.    There literally shutting  down whole economies over this......and the hatefulness coming from people (even my own family) when I try to tell them the truth of what's really going on.

The so-called tin foil hat conspiracies of the past 25 years are now happening in real twilight zone time and few people see it.....at least for now.

Tell it to Wallace Roney.  Then go out and lick a subway door. 

9 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Guys, in your opinion  why in a time like now the Facebook stock isn’t up, but instead has tanked? I’m not a regular FB user myself, but many if not most adults checkin just about every day.  Don’t they make money from advertising based on traffic?

My FB feed is full of ads from price gauging ads for toilet paper and masks. 

1 hour ago, medjuck said:

Tell it to Wallace Roney.  Then go out and lick a subway door. 

Oh and I'm supposed to bow down and submit to governmental tyranny because of WHO......Wallace Roney.....and I would go lick a subway door if it would cause you to wake up out of your mind controlled stupor.

2 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

There literally shutting  down whole economies over this......and the hatefulness coming from people (even my own family) when I try to tell them the truth of what's really going on.

That just proves that stupidity isn't genetic. 

10 hours ago, Dmitry said:

17 minutes ago, medjuck said:

That just proves that stupidity isn't genetic. 

Wallace Roney probably didn't die from coronavirus......they are attributing everything to coronavirus when it's not coronavirus.  You or they can't prove it......they can say anything they want to and they are getting away with it by having the whole nation on lockdown.

Edited by bigbandrecord

Whoa! He actually means this shit, doesn't he? Must be a hell of a lonely bubble. The assertion that these death rates are attributable to 'regular' conditions must be founded on some evidence that the root cause of a spike in such deaths is travelling the world. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that death rates from 'regular' conditions have spiked like never before.

Abject bollocks. Like Bresna said upthread times to use the 'ignore' function.

3 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

Wallace Roney probably didn't die from coronavirus......they are attributing everything to coronavirus when it's not coronavirus.  You or they can't prove it......they can say anything they want to and they are getting away with it by having the whole nation on lockdown.

So just what did the aliens do to you during the abduction?

Oh and how was the probe?

I wonder how people prone to believe in various conspiracy theories can dismiss any information they do not believe in as "lies", "fake news" etc but then still believe in other information that makes them upset. Why do they believe that there is or will be a vaccination program? Or that people actually die from the "common" flu? 

17 hours ago, JSngry said:

But the answer is obvious to me - people are mostly stupid to one degree or another. They hear that Covid-19 is "just like the flu" and go thinking that everybody's going to be shitting their pants all day every day for a week and buy up all the TP so if it happens to them, they'll be ready. They also hear that it's not going to be that big of a deal, but, you know, shitting your pants, don't want to take any chances. Besides, TP is always gonna be good, right?

And of course, none of that is remotely true (except for the part about toilet paper always being good). But hey.

Flu makes you shit your pants? That's something new, Doctor Jim. But I do agree on the stupidity factor. 

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

...Why do they believe that there is or will be a vaccination program? Or that people actually die from the "common" flu? 

Actually, the second statement is true. "Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

And as to BBR:

s-l400.jpg

Edited by sonnymax

2 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

Actually, the second statement is true. "Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

Yes, I know. I was more reflecting on the fact that conspiracy theorists usually dismiss some facts, while accepting others. 

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Forget "Ignore". I propose the banning of Bigbandrecord who is too stupid to exist. No one needs to read his idiotic conspiracy theories and he does not have any first amendment right to post. Frag him, mods or Jim A.

If this were a matter for a vote, as you appear to suggest, Dan, then I would vote against your proposal.  He's not being threatening, just wrong, possibly existing in the universe of his own, if you know what I mean. There are billions of highly-functioning adults who have beliefs of some sort of another, like being sure that that one guy parted the Mediterranean to make way for him and his friends to walk on the bottom; others are sure that their guy could glide on water and feed everyone with a baguette. Others believe in forced vaccinations and government conspiracies. At least we have precedents for those.

On the positive side -  FDA just cleared a 2-minute COVID-19 antibody test. It's serological, which means you have to have your blood drawn for testing. Testing positive means one has had the virus and has developed immunity.

https://www.axios.com/fda-coronavirus-two-minute-testing-kit-bodysphere-a665429d-488d-4edf-bd36-9180e2a06e4c.html

• JSngry locked this topic