ghost of miles

COVID-19 2.0: No Politics edition

566 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, bigbandrecord said:

  They died of other common causes(seasonal flu, pneumonia, sepsis etc) not some fictional coronavirus that was written in a comic book story 30 years ago.  Oh and I am supposed to give up my rights because of some older pre-conditioned illness people dying.    There literally shutting  down whole economies over this......and the hatefulness coming from people (even my own family) when I try to tell them the truth of what's really going on.

The so-called tin foil hat conspiracies of the past 25 years are now happening in real twilight zone time and few people see it.....at least for now.

Tell it to Wallace Roney.  Then go out and lick a subway door. 

9 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Guys, in your opinion  why in a time like now the Facebook stock isn’t up, but instead has tanked? I’m not a regular FB user myself, but many if not most adults checkin just about every day.  Don’t they make money from advertising based on traffic?

My FB feed is full of ads from price gauging ads for toilet paper and masks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The virtual song-along is getting viral. This is the Berklee edition. I can’t say I enjoyed it, but here it goes.

 

Edited by Dmitry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, medjuck said:

Tell it to Wallace Roney.  Then go out and lick a subway door. 

My FB feed is full of ads from price gauging ads for toilet paper and masks. 

  Oh and I'm supposed to bow down and submit to governmental tyranny because of WHO......Wallace Roney.....and I would go lick a subway door if it would cause you to wake up out of your mind controlled stupor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

       There literally shutting  down whole economies over this......and the hatefulness coming from people (even my own family) when I try to tell them the truth of what's really going on.

That just proves that stupidity isn't genetic. 

 

10 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Guys, in your opinion  why in a time like now the Facebook stock isn’t up, but instead has tanked? I’m not a regular FB user myself, but many if not most adults checkin just about every day.  Don’t they make money from advertising based on traffic?

My FB feed is full of ads from price gauging ads for toilet paper and masks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, medjuck said:

That just proves that stupidity isn't genetic. 

 

My FB feed is full of ads from price gauging ads for toilet paper and masks. 

Wallace Roney probably didn't die from coronavirus......they are attributing everything to coronavirus when it's not coronavirus.  You or they can't prove it......they can say anything they want to and they are getting away with it by having the whole nation on lockdown.

Edited by bigbandrecord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa! He actually means this shit, doesn't he? Must be a hell of a lonely bubble. The assertion that these death rates are attributable to 'regular' conditions must be founded on some evidence that the root cause of a spike in such deaths is travelling the world. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that death rates from 'regular' conditions have spiked like never before.

Abject bollocks. Like Bresna said upthread times to use the 'ignore' function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigbandrecord said:

Wallace Roney probably didn't die from coronavirus......they are attributing everything to coronavirus when it's not coronavirus.  You or they can't prove it......they can say anything they want to and they are getting away with it by having the whole nation on lockdown.

So just what did the aliens do to you during the abduction?

Oh and how was the probe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I claim the prize.

bigbandrecord is Jair Bolsanaro. Welcome to the board Mr. President!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how people prone to believe in various conspiracy theories can dismiss any information they do not believe in as "lies", "fake news" etc but then still believe in other information that makes them upset. Why do they believe that there is or will be a vaccination program? Or that people actually die from the "common" flu? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget "Ignore". I propose the banning of Bigbandrecord who is too stupid to exist. No one needs to read his idiotic conspiracy theories and he does not have any first amendment right to post. Frag him, mods or Jim A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thinking a bit more simplistic - isn't he violating the "no politics" rule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JSngry said:

But the answer is obvious to me - people are mostly stupid to one degree or another. They hear that Covid-19 is "just like the flu" and go thinking that everybody's going to be shitting their pants all day every day for a week and buy up all the TP so if it happens to them, they'll be ready. They also hear that it's not going to be that big of a deal, but, you know, shitting your pants, don't want to take any chances. Besides, TP is always gonna be good, right?

And of course, none of that is remotely true (except for the part about toilet paper always being good). But hey.

 

Flu makes you shit your pants? That's something new, Doctor Jim. But I do agree on the stupidity factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

...Why do they believe that there is or will be a vaccination program? Or that people actually die from the "common" flu? 

Actually, the second statement is true. "Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

And as to BBR:

s-l400.jpg

Edited by sonnymax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

Actually, the second statement is true. "Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year."

Yes, I know. I was more reflecting on the fact that conspiracy theorists usually dismiss some facts, while accepting others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Forget "Ignore". I propose the banning of Bigbandrecord who is too stupid to exist. No one needs to read his idiotic conspiracy theories and he does not have any first amendment right to post. Frag him, mods or Jim A.

If this were a matter for a vote, as you appear to suggest, Dan, then I would vote against your proposal.  He's not being threatening, just wrong, possibly existing in the universe of his own, if you know what I mean. There are billions of highly-functioning adults who have beliefs of some sort of another, like being sure that that one guy parted the Mediterranean to make way for him and his friends to walk on the bottom; others are sure that their guy could glide on water and feed everyone with a baguette. Others believe in forced vaccinations and government conspiracies. At least we have precedents for those.

On the positive side -  FDA just cleared a 2-minute COVID-19 antibody test. It's serological, which means you have to have your blood drawn for testing. Testing positive means one has had the virus and has developed immunity.

https://www.axios.com/fda-coronavirus-two-minute-testing-kit-bodysphere-a665429d-488d-4edf-bd36-9180e2a06e4c.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Yes, I know. I was more reflecting on the fact that conspiracy theorists usually dismiss some facts, while accepting others. 

Oh, well that's entirely different.

tumblr_o03qydYaL01qzz40io1_400.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Niko said:

thinking a bit more simplistic - isn't he violating the "no politics" rule?

Pretty much...one more outburst with suspicion posing as fact will shut this thread down.

We can then move it all to a Florida beach, either that or try again with a new thread, the No Politics OR Unprovable Paranoid Assertions Version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of the deaths so far have involved victims who already had a serious illness.

In many states, it is illegal to go to church.  Is everyone here OK with that?  

Are we under martial law?

Last week the Fed expanded the money supply $4 trillion.  Then Congress added another $2 trillion.  So who is getting that money?  $6 trillion divided by 330 million Americans equals $18,181. for every man, woman and child.  The government says that every adult who makes less than $70,000. will receive $1,200.  So who is getting the other $16,900. along with his own $18,000?

The CRTC has bailed out Capital One Bank.  A classmate of mine was their CFO, and received a salary of $7 million per year.  Why are the taxpayers bailing the stockholders out?  If Capital One failed, how would that affect me?

For the past few days, I have read that more Americans have died from Covid-19 than Chinese.  Does everyone here believe what the Chinese government says about anything?  I read over the weekend that in China the number of urns sold is three times the number of deaths reported.

Does everyone use hand sanitizer except me?  I have read that hand sanitizer kills bacteria, but has no effect on viruses.  True?

The government has stressed the need for everyone to stay six feet apart from one another.  Also, no groups greater than 50 people.  So if a small firm can meet those two requirements, why are governments prohibiting them from business-as-usual because their product is deemed "non-essential?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

I wonder how many of the deaths so far have involved victims who already had a serious illness.

In many states, it is illegal to go to church.  Is everyone here OK with that?  

Are we under martial law?

Last week the Fed expanded the money supply $4 trillion.  Then Congress added another $2 trillion.  So who is getting that money?  $6 trillion divided by 330 million Americans equals $18,181. for every man, woman and child.  The government says that every adult who makes less than $70,000. will receive $1,200.  So who is getting the other $16,900. along with his own $18,000?

The CRTC has bailed out Capital One Bank.  A classmate of mine was their CFO, and received a salary of $7 million per year.  Why are the taxpayers bailing the stockholders out?  If Capital One failed, how would that affect me?

For the past few days, I have read that more Americans have died from Covid-19 than Chinese.  Does everyone here believe what the Chinese government says about anything?  I read over the weekend that in China the number of urns sold is three times the number of deaths reported.

Does everyone use hand sanitizer except me?  I have read that hand sanitizer kills bacteria, but has no effect on viruses.  True?

The government has stressed the need for everyone to stay six feet apart from one another.  Also, no groups greater than 50 people.  So if a small firm can meet those two requirements, why are governments prohibiting them from business-as-usual because their product is deemed "non-essential?"

 

All I know is that in situations like this and other calamities, it's the small business owners, myself including, who ALWAYS get shafted. Corporations receive money and buy their own stock back at a serious discount, and there is no law that would prohibit that. Soft banks get bailed out and carry on as before. But the local diner, transmission shop, landscape company, yoga studio,  what you call "an independent contractor", they get...low interest loans. I hope I'm wrong this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Pretty much...one more outburst with suspicion posing as fact will shut this thread down.

We can then move it all to a Florida beach, either that or try again with a new thread, the No Politics OR Unprovable Paranoid Assertions Version.

If an individual poster is violating the no-politics or no-tinfoil-talk or whatever board policy is applied, then it seems far more logical to warn and/or ban that poster and delete his offending posts than it does to shut down the entire thread, which ends up being a blanket punishment of all posters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

I wonder how many of the deaths so far have involved victims who already had a serious illness.

In many states, it is illegal to go to church.  Is everyone here OK with that?  Yes, a pastor in Brooklyn just died.  Big gatherings are not essential.

Are we under martial law? No, but we do need a national lockdown order  

Last week the Fed expanded the money supply $4 trillion.  Then Congress added another $2 trillion.  So who is getting that money?  $6 trillion divided by 330 million Americans equals $18,181. for every man, woman and child.  The government says that every adult who makes less than $70,000. will receive $1,200.  So who is getting the other $16,900. along with his own $18,000? People and corporations.  I’m sure there are some giveaways, some bailouts.

The CRTC has bailed out Capital One Bank.  A classmate of mine was their CFO, and received a salary of $7 million per year.  Why are the taxpayers bailing the stockholders out?  If Capital One failed, how would that affect me? We are paying for bailouts. The money has to come from somewhere.    

For the past few days, I have read that more Americans have died from Covid-19 than Chinese.  Does everyone here believe what the Chinese government says about anything?  I read over the weekend that in China the number of urns sold is three times the number of deaths reported. Some suspect the numbers aren’t accurate  

Does everyone use hand sanitizer except me?  I have read that hand sanitizer kills bacteria, but has no effect on viruses.  True? Washing your hands with soap, properly, will kill the virus. If you are not home, hand sanitizer is the next best alternative. I carry one in my car.

The government has stressed the need for everyone to stay six feet apart from one another.  Also, no groups greater than 50 people.  So if a small firm can meet those two requirements, why are governments prohibiting them from business-as-usual because their product is deemed "non-essential?" It’s actually 10, not 50.  Even though the group size requirement is limited to 10, groups of this size can still lead to spread.  

 

I embedded my answers in bold. 

Just delete the posts and any replies. That’s not difficult. I used to be a moderator and am willing to do that again, if you all are interested. 

Edited by Brad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad, washing your hands with soap does not kill the virus, it facilitates removal of it from your skin, and sending it down the drain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.