Athanor - unreleased Austrian Free Jazz

Onxidlib

End of May will see the first (complete) release of Athanor's Nickesldorf recording from 1978. One short track was available previously on a compilation with recordings from the Nickelsdorf Konfrontationen Festival. Limited on CD (120 copies) and as double vinyl (400 copies). Musicians are Harun Ghulam Barabbas (as), Muhammad Malli (dr,perc), Joseph Traindl (tb) and Richard Ahmad Pechoc (p). The label is Black Monk which already edited reissues of two early Franz Koglmann releases.

R-14371224-1584462447-7279.jpeg.jpg

One more recording - a duo between Harun Ghulam Barabbas and Alaeddin Adlernest (bassoon) is also scheduled.

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

None of the musicians mean anything to me. What are we likely to hear? Any clues?

I could offer a short track from the above mentioned Nickelsdorf compilation in mp3. But I do not know wether this is OK here. If it's OK, I would add a link here,  with Wetransfer.

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

None of the musicians mean anything to me. What are we likely to hear? Any clues?

Would be pretty free stuff I'd think; Barabbas was in the Masters of Unorthodox Jazz as was Malli (who was also in the Reform Art Unit and Three Motions). Josef Traindl, another RAU member, played on one of the aforementioned Koglmann records with Steve Lacy a.o. as well. 

• 3 weeks later...