COVID 19 Poll

COVID 19 Poll  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Seems to have been able to get a test when frontline NHS staff can't. 1649.

I don't begrudge him or any of the other "super spreaders" like NBA players or national-level politicians getting tested, since they will spread it far, far beyond what a typical doctor or nurse would do.  So it is critical to test the "elites" to try to stop these massive waves of infection.  Even with his testing, Rand Paul probably has spread this to a few Senators, and without testing him it might have infected all of the Senators (given the nature of this thread, I won't pursue this further...).

That said, I still can't believe how behind the US, Canada and the UK are in terms of test availability, particularly for first responders.  I am certainly hoping that by late April or early May there will be truly widespread testing, and then we can see about having the uninfected people restart the economy.  It probably won't play out that way, but that is the best case scenario I can envision.

1 hour ago, ejp626 said:

I don't begrudge him or any of the other "super spreaders" like NBA players or national-level politicians getting tested, since they will spread it far, far beyond what a typical doctor or nurse would do.  So it is critical to test the "elites" to try to stop these massive waves of infection.  Even with his testing, Rand Paul probably has spread this to a few Senators, and without testing him it might have infected all of the Senators (given the nature of this thread, I won't pursue this further...).

That said, I still can't believe how behind the US, Canada and the UK are in terms of test availability, particularly for first responders.  I am certainly hoping that by late April or early May there will be truly widespread testing, and then we can see about having the uninfected people restart the economy.  It probably won't play out that way, but that is the best case scenario I can envision.

Whilst I respect the logic he hasn't been seen in public for quite a while so I suspect his status as a super spreader is pretty low.

Just announced that UK will have mass self-testing available in days, delivered to those self-isolating by Amazon. Available to others in chemists. A good development if achieved.

13 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

they blamed AIDS on the monkey.

they blamed COVID-19 on the little fuckin armadillo thing.

I have news for you: the monkey was innocent, and so is the little fuckin amadillo thing.  A perfect setup, blame the weapon on someone who is incapable of countering.    

13 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

I do think I know specifically where the virus came from, and Wuhan isn't even in the same time-zone.

I confess that I never can decide whether your Organissimo persona is an elaborately crafted, consistently in-character troll job or this is really how you are.  At any rate, please keep your goofy conspiracy BS to yourself. 

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

Whilst I respect the logic he hasn't been seen in public for quite a while so I suspect his status as a super spreader is pretty low.

Fair point, though I thought it was Andrew who was in hiding.

His diary suggests Charles was still hobnobbing it up until March 12.  https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/diary/past-engagements

Anyway, great news on the self-testing kits.  I hope it comes true, and that they will be in North America shortly!

Though because of the way the questions are posed this wouldn't affect the results but I now have two acquaintances who have the virus, one of whom is expected to die.   Give the way it's spreading, you might want to re-ask the question every week. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, ejp626 said:

Well, except for the fact that the sewer systems in cities can't handle newspapers or paper towels or even wipes.  It's all but guaranteed that London and New York City sewer systems will break down under the recent strain...

The solution is easy - eat less, poop less, and if you must go, do it behind the garage, in the hole in the ground...

On 3/25/2020 at 0:44 PM, Justin V said:

I confess that I never can decide whether your Organissimo persona is an elaborately crafted, consistently in-character troll job or this is really how you are.  At any rate, please keep your goofy conspiracy BS to yourself. 

His shit is not as crazy as the stuff you watch on cable news or read in your favorite internet daily.

Edited by Dmitry

On 3/25/2020 at 0:44 PM, Justin V said:

I think that’s how he really is. 

3 hours ago, Dmitry said:

The solution is easy - eat less, poop less, and if you must go, do it behind the garage, in the hole in the ground...

Just don’t throw wipes and paper towels down the toilet. It’s common sense. Anyone who has a septic system knows you don’t do that.