The COVID 19 Restaurant Poll

In your area ...  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, jlhoots said:

Total Wine is closed here now. They tried to claim they were a grocery store, but government disagreed. Fortunately we're well stocked.

Hit my local Total Wine location here in NoVA yesterday evening to stock up. Some extra plexiglass up at the checkout aisles. It was after 7pm and I may have been the only customer in the place at the time. They seemed appreciative of my business, as I am of theirs.

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Soulstation1 said:

Went to my fav old school diner spot 

they placed the silverware down on the table with no gloves at all 

👎

They're actually using silverware? Around here many/most of the restaurants that have reopened have switched to sealed, disposable plasticware. Many have also removed plastic drink cups and ceramic coffee mugs and are instead providing single-use paper cups. 

In our part of Tennessee, most restaurants require staff to wear masks and gloves. Some are using disposable paper menus, others are immediately disinfecting them after use.

Nearly all are using real flatware and plates.

Most restaurants are spacing out the seating,, cutting capacity by half. I did see a Mexican restaurant packed to capacity on Cinco de Mayo.

Containers for sweeteners, salt & pepper shakers and bottles have been removed from the tables, for the most part.

Aside from one day when I stayed home, I've either gotten food to go or eaten in a restaurant daily since this shutdown.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been going to restaurants in Napa and St. Helena for the past three weeks, bars open, no spacing there! Servers with masks, but you take your mask off when you get to the table. Good sized crowd the times I've gone, so it seems to be working here.

13 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I've been going to restaurants in Napa and St. Helena for the past three weeks, bars open, no spacing there! Servers with masks, but you take your mask off when you get to the table. Good sized crowd the times I've gone, so it seems to be working here.

NJ is fully opening tomorrow so we will see what’s what.