LF: Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams Mosaic set

I'm looking for the Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams Mosaic 4CD-set (MD4-194) in EXC or better condition. If anyone in the EU or UK is selling this set for a reasonable price, please PM me. Thanks. It's no problem if the booklet is missing, I already have a copy.

R-6876220-1428519861-8775.jpeg.jpg

Edited by J.A.W.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

Princeton Record Exchange may have a copy but it will be awhile before I can get there, if you can wait. 

Thanks Brad. Do you have any idea what they're generally asking for Mosaic sets, insanely high or moderate prices? There's also overseas shipping, which is quite expensive these days; that's why I was initially asking people living in the EU or UK.

25 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

Thanks Brad. Do you have any idea what they're generally asking for Mosaic sets, insanely high or moderate prices? There's also overseas shipping, which is quite expensive these days; that's why I was initially asking people living in the EU or UK.

Hans, I believe their prices are reasonable but I would pick it up for you (if they had it) as they don’t ship. 

54 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hans, I believe their prices are reasonable but I would pick it up for you (if they had it) as they don’t ship. 

I know, and I appreciate your offer. Meanwhile, someone in the EU has contacted me. I'll post an update as soon as I know more.

Edited by J.A.W.

3 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Got one in the EU. Thanks again for your offer, Brad!

PM sent.

Hans, glad to hear it. 

3 hours ago, LWayne said:

I would love to find this domestically as well (USA) if Hans has found his first.

LWayne

When I can go down there, I will do so. 

6 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

It always amazes me that people in the US still use checks. Over here they're long gone, it's electronic payments, PayPal or credit cards only - and a variety of those and cash in stores.

So I should give you my credit card account number or my checking account number & you'll send me a payment!?! What's the fraud protection. Sorry for being obtuse.

2 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

Shees man, calm down, it was just a general observation, not meant as a personal attack. If you want to use checks only, fine with me, no problem.

I'm calm. Just don't understand how it all works. My wife says I'll never learn. Used to sell all kinds of stuff here (Cecil Taylor box, etc.). Suddenly everyone is a tech. expert except me. Last time I tried to sell Mosaic boxes everyone dumped all over it. I'll just keep it all.

10 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

So I should give you my credit card account number or my checking account number & you'll send me a payment!?! What's the fraud protection. Sorry for being obtuse.

I think your checking account number is on your check. (Or cheque as I prefer-- hey Spell-check didn't correct me. Or should I say Spell-cheque.) 

5 minutes ago, medjuck said:

I think your checking account number is on your check. (Or cheque as I prefer-- hey Spell-check didn't correct me. Or should I say Spell-cheque.) 

When we still had checks/cheques here long ago the account number was indeed on them and I guess it's the same in the US.

9 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

I'm calm. Just don't understand how it all works. My wife says I'll never learn. Used to sell all kinds of stuff here (Cecil Taylor box, etc.). Suddenly everyone is a tech. expert except me. Last time I tried to sell Mosaic boxes everyone dumped all over it. I'll just keep it all.

Does your wife have a paypal account. If she’s savvy, maybe she could do it. 

9 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

My wife says I'll never learn.

See, that would be all the incentive it would take for me to either feign deafness or else learn the shit outta the stuff. Wither way, if she's hellbound to nag you about something, it won't be THAT! :g

52 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

It doesn’t work that way. You connect it to your bank account on your end, and vice versa for the buyer. All you provide to the buyer is the email address linked to your account. The seller pays to that email address and the money pulls from their bank account. You either have the option to keep that money in your Paypal balance to spend or you can transfer it to your bank account. I can assure that if you’re worried about the corporation of Paypal having your banking information, you don’t need to be!

34 minutes ago, colinmce said:

It doesn’t work that way. You connect it to your bank account on your end, and vice versa for the buyer. All you provide to the buyer is the email address linked to your account. The seller pays to that email address and the money pulls from their bank account. You either have the option to keep that money in your Paypal balance to spend or you can transfer it to your bank account. I can assure that if you’re worried about the corporation of Paypal having your banking information, you don’t need to be!

A friend just told me that her PayPal account was hacked. How could that happen?

3 minutes ago, jlhoots said:

A friend just told me that her PayPal account was hacked. How could that happen?

I would be skeptical. It’s about as possible as having your actual bank account hacked, which has happened to me twice in life vs. never for Paypal. I use it almost daily and know hundreds of people who do the same, and I’ve never heard of this happening.

Not trying to force anything on you of course, just want to reassure you that it is as safe as anything money-related, and private.