Why Dave Brubeck is the Coolest Jazz Artist Ever

Teasing the Korean

23 hours ago, Brad said:

Wilton is right next to New Canaan; I used to live in the area. 

Wilton is where I lived from age 11 (1976) thru high school and beyond. Unfortunately by the time I was into jazz I was spending relatively little time there.  My parents knew Dave and his wife though certainly not well - I never met him or saw him around town (though to bring this back to New Canaan, I did once see David Letterman jogging on Route 33 (Letterman lived in New Canaan)).

Where in the area did you live Brad?

8 minutes ago, JSngry said:

It's like a weed-eater, only it's a lawnmower, good lord, what's not to love there? Is there an issue with height adjustability or some other drawback?

Come Lord Flymo

Cut my grass

And let these other mowers

Kiss my ass.

AMEN!!!

I'm not sure they make them anymore. Mine was a lawnmower with a standard metal blade. It drew air in under the engine and pushed it out around the inside of the shell, causing it to float. It was a mulcher and you couldn't adjust the height. You mowed by swiping side to side rather than going straight forward as you do with standard wheeled mowers. It didn't work as well on a flat lawn as it did on a hilly one, but it was definitely very cool!!

gregmo