Paul Desmond/Ed Bickert Mosaic - NOW AVAILABLE

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Curiosity had me checking out where this Bourbon St. club was in Toronto. Looks like it was on Queen St W and just down the way from the Rex Hotel, which still survives as a live jazz venue. Looking at pictures of the Victorian era building for the club it was recognisable to me and I will have walked past it on my way to the Rex many times back in the day. Now demolished though.

I wonder if Mosaic will consider doing a ‘Jim Hall Complete Live’ box with the Don Thompson recordings also made at this venue for A&M?

Haven't those already been reissued? Doesn't mean they couldn't be again.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set #365 finally made its way across the country and arrived today. I'm listening to disc 1. One thing I hadn't thought of: Mosaic licensed the Telarc stuff from Concord Music Group. Is that the first time Mosaic has ever licensed anything from Concord? Does that mean it could theoretically get in to the Riverside/Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone vaults? Hope springs eternal!

10 hours ago, gmonahan said:

Set #365 finally made its way across the country and arrived today. I'm listening to disc 1. One thing I hadn't thought of: Mosaic licensed the Telarc stuff from Concord Music Group. Is that the first time Mosaic has ever licensed anything from Concord? Does that mean it could theoretically get in to the Riverside/Fantasy/Prestige/Milestone vaults? Hope springs eternal!

Good question!

7 hours ago, bebopbob said:

Should Mosaic venture into the Concord Vaults, Id like to propose:

The Complete Emily Remler Concord Jazz Recordings 

The Complete Ed Bickert Concord Jazz Recordings 

Normally I’d second an Emily Remler Mosaic but she only had seven albums as a leader so I don’t know if there’s enough material there. Moreover, would Concord be interested in licensing the rights to another company?

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more in the vault, and perhaps they could license some of her other leader or prominent side-woman appearances. 

Certainly remains to be seen if Concord will lease. . . but it's a different world now than perhaps when last they tried.

For any of you out there awaiting the second run, Scott emailed me in response, that they were shipping next week.

For those of you awaiting the second wave, Scott emailed me that they are planning to ship next week.

For any of you out there awaiting the second run, Scott emailed me in response, that they were shipping next week.I
For any of you out there awaiting the second run, Scott emailed me in response, that they were shipping next week.

10 minutes ago, hbbfam said:

For those of you awaiting the second wave, Scott emailed me that they are planning to ship next week.

For any of you out there awaiting the second run, Scott emailed me in response, that they were shipping next week.I

We got the message ;)

14 minutes ago, hbbfam said:

So, are they shipping next week ;)