• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, JSngry said:

Delivered!

By a UPS driver driving a Penske truck!

"Why is your truck YELLOW?"

"They outta trucks agin, man."

So, true story.

We were out walking around our neighborhood last night and I saw a Penske truck parked in front of a house with its flashers on and rollup door open. I wondered if someone at that address was moving in or out, but my wife said no, look, he's delivering a package. I was like, wtf, is Penske in the package delivery business now, but now the mystery's solved. 

On 6/6/2020 at 3:51 PM, JSngry said:

And that Penske truck was UPS-level washed, right? The one that came to my house sure was.

That, I can't say, as I didn't get a good look at it (it was after dark and I only saw it from a distance). But now that I know what the deal is, I'm definitely on the lookout for more representatives of the Penske-yellow, crypto-UPS package delivery revolution. 

1 hour ago, hbbfam said:

I spoke w Scott and still some delays in shipping from warehouse.  He expects rest to be shipped in 1-2 wks.  As long as I eventually get this set, no worries.

Ditto. He said it would be shipped this week but I guess it will be awhile longer. 

On 14.6.2020 at 3:46 PM, sidewinder said:

There’s a link to an interesting interview with Don Thompson about this recording and its circumstances in this week’s Mosaic mailshot.

Could you post the link pls ....

Edited by soulpope

On 2020-06-16 at 6:13 PM, djcavanagh said:

Worth everyone checking that they have the right discs - I ended up with two of disc 1 (and none if disc 2). Mosaic will make it right so it's just a short-term frustration. 

A good reminder.  I must have at least one or two sets where I have left at least something in shrink wrap.  I know, I know...

I think I'll go ahead and put in my order, expecting an early July delivery at this point probably.

31 minutes ago, ejp626 said:

I must have at least one or two sets where I have left at least something in shrink wrap.  I know, I know...

I’ve got a “safety” extra copy of the Andrew Hill BN select I’ve never opened. At this point, it is what it is, so I’ll probably leave it sealed.

42 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I keep checking on there and haven’t seen any sight of it yet.

I wonder if they will ever get it, I'm beginning to have doubts... OK, there's probably been some delay due to the corona thing, but they could have had some Desmond sets by now, I guess. The 63-70 Mobley has also been missing from their site for quite a while; I jumped on that one when they did have a few copies, it was gone in the blink of an eye.

Edited by J.A.W.

15 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

Just checked the Jazz Messenger site and they still don't have the Desmond set. Sent them an e-mail and will report back. Anyone here know anything about it? 

I asked the same question and received this reply from Jorge on June 11th:

Well the truth is that we are waiting for this box set, since long time ago. They ran out of it, and they are now reprinting more.

This is why we are still waiting. But, we are doing everything we can to get it. Actually if we have any luck, we will have it here in a couple of weeks.

We will announce it!