APRIL POLL - COVID 19

April Update  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the President and the medical experts have warned that the next two weeks will be bad, I think hoarding is taking place again so people don’t have to leave their house. As an example, we were at BJs on Monday and, among other things, we purchased a couple of extra cases of cat food. She went online this morning to see about buying some more and it was all gone, not to mention paper towels and the like. 

Totally adjusted to telecommuting, carry-out/curbside etc.. no panic in the area at this time, fingers crossed...we "moved inside" a bit before things really started getting spiky.

One positive thing that I've realized from my corporate gig is this - business continuity. We very much stress having not just a Plan A and a possible Plan B, but a workable, proven Plan B, and ideally, a Plan C, etc., as deep as possible. That kind of fits in with my general lifestyle anyway (Just as "a country boy can survive", a jazz musician CAN improvise!). so..."business continuity" is not just for corporate business, it's for LIFE business. You make sure you know the realities (including the cluelessness of others and the dangers inherent therein), make you know what and where all the options are, and then...you do your best in every way unless and until you can't. And if that happens, you're fucked. But nothing is guaranteed in this life, right?

So we're good here, for now. Saying my fingers and crossing my prayers for going forth.

16 minutes ago, medjuck said:

That's strange. I voted and said that I knew someone who was severely ill but when I checked the results it said no one had said  that.  

I'm seeing that also. Did you click the Submit button?

I’ve been telecommuting ever since post 9/11. My work involves the stock market and all the money banks invest. I’ve been extremely busy as a result of the volume of the markets.  
this pandemic isn’t going to go away anytime soon. China had started to lighten up the restrictions. Today china reported 1300 new cases. That’s just one day. A vaccines is going to be needed to eliminate  this surreal nightmare.  

Time to change my response to question #3.  A guy I've had a meaningful friendship with ver the past 20 years (though no recent contact) has it, is in intensive care, and his prognosis is not good.  And the expectation is that his wife will also test positive.  And they are in their mid-late 40's.  He does good, meaningful counseling work that helps a lot of people, and this hits like a sledgehammer.

My sister just called me. My cousin Micky, who was my Mother’s first cousin, passed away from the Coronavirus; I’d guess she was around 90 and they lived in Long Island. Unfortunately, her husband Bruce, who has a great sense of humor, is showing signs of the disease . The only person now left from that generation is her sister who now lives in Arizona.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

My sister just called me. My cousin Micky, who was my Mother’s first cousin, passed away from the Coronavirus; I’d guess she was around 90 and they lived in Long Island. Unfortunately, her husband Bruce, who has a great sense of humor, is showing signs of the disease . The only person now left from that generation is her sister who now lives in Arizona.

Brad, very sorry for your family's loss and suffering.