Telarc, what jazz sessions from this label do you enjoy?

Hardbopjazz

I was just listening to one of Dizzy's last sessions, "To Bird With Love." He had a number top musicians on this record. I really enjoy it. It is a live concert recording of high quality. Telarc puts out a lot of classical recordings, but their jazz releases are just as good. 

What are some others like?

I dunno, there were some things w/Moody that were good to have, but overall, I never had a feel for their sound...not the music as much as the recording. Seemed too damn clean, transparent, whatever. After a few tries, I just said fuck it, those records are for somebody else. Same thing with the few classical records of theirs that I've heard, there's no "there" there, as was said once, and then often thereafter.

Telarc is well-known for their pioneering audiophile digital classical recordings, but I'm not sure they are active as a label any more. About a decade ago they were bought by Concord, and the corporates pretty much gutted their operation. Their Grammy-winning engineering and mastering team had been either let go, or left, and has since reopened for business as an independent.

As to your inquiry, I have a couple of Jacques Loussier discs, a Kevin Mahogany, Oscar Peterson / RAy Brown / Milt Jackson - The Very Tall Band. Oh, and the the Harry Sweets Edison Live at the Iridium disc features a very-very good Junior Mance solo rendition of Emily. Their live recordings, in general, were some of the best.

I’ve got some of the Peterson’s, Tyners and Mulligans but too be honest: I do not really like them. Not bad or anything but by far not their best. A bit uninspired and sometimes dull. 
I’d probably like Peterson’s Summer Night in Munich best. But that is more because I have got a nostalgic memory to it.

I'm most impressed by the Jim Hall records--a very diverse set, all of them rather interesting, most of them highly successful.

Among Tyner's records, I like the last one best:  Illuminations.  This is an all-star group that is really in-sync.  I like how it breaks down to smaller groups on several tracks, including a piano/bass duet on "West Philly Tone Poem."