How be amazon delivery times in your kneck of the woods?

I haven't been ordering from Amazon much.  I ordered coffee on Monday and chose the 'no rush' shipping because I still had some left.  I expected it next week and it arrived in three days.  The 'no rush' digital reward has been bumped up to $3 from $1, incidentally, so waiting an extra two days paid off.

I ordered a CD over the weekend directly from them with Prime, but am being quoted an April 18 delivery date.  The last CD I had ordered came in about three-four days, a couple of days before it was supposed to arrive.  My bigger problem with their deliveries is that they are frequently left at the wrong address, either the neighbor next door or the neighbor across the street.

Edited by felser

So far, so good...which kinda worries me, to be honest. I'll gladly trade a slower, safer warehouse environment for a slower delivery, even a hold on delivering some things. It's not like I need all this shit. But them peeps need gigs too, so...I don't know. I just don't know.

Who you gonna trust to do the right thing, other than yourself? and then, you can only use the data at hand...

44 minutes ago, David Ayers said:

Here, I can get May 5th down to April 30th if I take out Prime. Now there’s an incentive...

Use the Prime credit card, and the membership will pay for itself (5% back on Amazon purchases).  You also get the free expedited shipping, and the free Prime Video material.

Amazon stops here about six or seven times a week....so far, no noticeable problems.  I remember refusing for years to spend the money for Prime..I was an idiot (not the first time, nor most likely the last).  Amazon Prime is one of the best bargains....ever.  I have issues with Mr. Bezos and his attitude...but not with his service or his vision.

I had one order cancelled recently, and then trying to place another order for a replacement (from Amazon.co.uk actually), a note popped up and said that this wasn't important and that they weren't shipping to Canada for the time being (paraphrasing only slightly). 

I can't honestly disagree, but I would have preferred they place a hold on that item (a Picasso monograph with only 3 left in stock) and ship it much, much later.

I may place a domestic order for something not strictly essential; I won't mind too much if it is moved to back of the queue.

Edited by ejp626