CD Baby-no longer selling CDs

Recieved email that CD Baby is no longer selling physical CDs. What a time to stop selling CDs as neighborhood CD shops are shuttered!!

Anyone know of any other internet sites where the dinosaurs on the board, like myself, who don’t download or rip musc can still purchase physical discs of up-and coming or less well known musicians’ recordings on CD or even LP that aren’t distributed through amazon?

Thanks - stay safe and healthy.

Bob

Edited by bebopbob

That’s very bad, as I’m not a “ripper” either, and would most probably stop buying new releases, period, if they don’t come out on cds. I have never bought an album that was offered only as a download.

More and more musicians are not selling cds at the gigs now, and I don’t mean younger generation, but the well-established and older ones also, even though their target audience is also older listeners. The last concert I was at, literally just days before the virus stopped everything, Brian Lynch joked about offering his cds for sale after the gig, referring to them as old-timey things that some may not know of.

As to your question,...I have no idea. Amazon has been a primary source for me, but I have bought cds from cdbaby also.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here what "ripping" means. Someone like me who rips his CDs to a hard drive, obviously still needs CDs. I just listen to my CDs from a computer, not from a CD player. You can't rip a CD which you don't have.

To answer the question, one of the following three always works for me: amazon, discogs, ebay.

The email from CD Baby mentioned the fact that they will continue to sell thru Amazon as a wholesaler.

I guess though that means that Amazon becomes the gatekeeper. I'm guessing they haven't been offering the entire contents of the CD Baby website before.