Can anyone find this thread?

mjzee

13 hours ago, mjzee said:

There was a thread a couple of years ago about artists' final recordings, and which ones were recommended.  Can anyone find this thread and post a link to it?

I did a Night Lights show on this topic, but I don’t think it’s the thread you’re looking for:

The Last: Final Recordings Of Jazz Greats

Running a search for threads with “last” or “final” in the title didn’t turn up a topic thread. I’ll keep digging around to see if I can turn it up.

42 minutes ago, JSngry said:

So, weird—when I ran a search for any topics with the word last in them, the search yielded nothing—not even the Night Lights show with the word last in its title.  In both that topic’s title and the thread you’ve just unearthed, last is part of a phrase in quotes. Do the quote marks throw off the search mechanism, perhaps? I’ll try running a search for “last” in topic titles instead of a quote mark-free version of the word and see if the threads turn up that way.

EDIT: nope, neither thread still comes up when I run a search with quote marks around the word “last.” Strange!

Edited by ghost of miles

I figured that any thread on this subject that I contributed to would have mentioned Sirius. Thus a search of the board simply for that one word.

So, about 16 pages of returns, most of them about the radio thing, but on one of those pages was the thread in question. Viola!

As with any search, 1 unusual word that you know is going to be there does the work of a buttload of familiar ones that are likely to be everywhere, and quite often does it so much more better.