Why I Love Chopin

Well, most of today's pianists have studied at least some of Chopin's music, and since it is based on his improvisations it is no wonder that it is a favourite of many. Clare Fischer said in an interview on Jobim that he finds many chord changes in bossa nova pieces are much like Chopin.

11 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Well, most of today's pianists have studied at least some of Chopin's music, and since it is based on his improvisations it is no wonder that it is a favourite of many. Clare Fischer said in an interview on Jobim that he finds many chord changes in bossa nova pieces are much like Chopin.

Oh. Very obvious in Jobim.

2 hours ago, Teasing the Korean said:

She didn't score 70s Euro Erotic films, so she ain't Chopin. 

It's just that the scores haven't shown up yet. They're in her attic somewhere. Play that prelude (Db major) and "First Time" back-to-back. The soul of Chopin was transferred to Flack. They're nearly the same tune.

The plot thickens. I didn't know that Flack didn't compose "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." Wiki-sez-what?

"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" is a 1957 folk song written by British political singer/songwriter Ewan MacColl for Peggy Seeger, who later became his wife. At the time, the couple were lovers, although MacColl was still married to Joan Littlewood. Seeger sang the song when the duo performed in folk clubs around Britain. During the 1960s, it was recorded by various folk singers and became a major international hit for Roberta Flack in 1972, winning Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Song of the Year. Billboard ranked it as the no. 1 Hot 100 single of the year for 1972.”

Fryderyk Franciszek, of course, still resides in Roberta Cleopatra.