Suzanna Ross Over The Rainbow 05:07    
  Suzanna Ross Boomerang Baby 02:03    
  Suzanna Ross There's a Kind of Hush 02:24    
  Suzanna Ross Live for Life 03:41    

Suzanna Ross
"Bewitched, Not Bothered, Not Bewildered"

Impacting: March 31 2020

Format(s): Jazz, Smooth Jazz

“Amazingly, this is the debut recording for Ross… she reworks these classics with her incredibly rich and imaginative vision,” Tom Haugen, Take Effects 

"The debut of a vocalist you'll love spending some time with… knows her way around a world of songs,” Chris Spector, Midwest Record

Suzanna Ross has just released her debut recording – Bewitched, Not Bothered, Not Bewildered – and it’s receiving a wave of glowing reviews (see below) as well as radio play. Tracks include jazz, pop, French chansons, bossa novas, retro 60s, and movie themes. “These are the songs I heard growing up in my mother’s living room – the songs of her generation and her mother’s generation before her. They filled our living room with life, romance, a little mystery, and a lot of fun,” says Suzanna.

“Suzanna Ross is someone to keep an eye on as a jazz artist who has performed at many of the tried and true rooms here in New York City and the metropolitan area,” says Theater Pizzazz. “You’re in for a treat… a song for every taste.” 

Jazziz Magazine has highlighted one of Suzanna’s tracks as Song of the Day, and Music Connections magazine is slated to review Suzanna’s upcoming CD release show at NYC’s Triad Theater on July 18, 2020.  Suzanna’s tracks have been played on the UK’s The Jazz Lounge and in the U.S. on Nostalgia Radio Time and Golden Apple Cabaret Hour.

image-8dfe1ffc425e4fc0bcffa2e7bf349db3-f

“An enthralling collection," Anne Carlini, Exclusive Magazine

“…with the lively engaging opener, Haven’t We Met...this kind of vocal jazz puts the "ultra" in ‘ultra-cool’… a MOST HIGHLY RECOMMENDED rating…  fifteen superbly performed jazz vocals Suzanna presents for your jazz joy." Dick Metcalf, Contemporary Fusion Reviews 

“Suzanna Ross is heard in winning form… it is difficult not to be impressed by both her inviting voice and her versatility… and sings quite effectively in French. There are no throwaways on this set…” Scott Yanow, LA Jazz Scene

"She had me at Bewitched! …a snappy, sexy, and swinging bass vocal-driven twist on the classic TV show theme... wonderfully fresh interpretations...  A true master class in jazz eclecticism." Jonathan Widran, The JW Vibe

“The absolute mellow vibe Suzanna creates on the lushly laid-back 2:39 Dreamer will make it a favorite for jazz DJ’s ’round the globe… it will be getting a LOT of spins. The 3:00 Mr. Wonderful you’ll find yourself listening to this one over and over again, I’ve no doubt! The upbeat and high-energy Summer Me, Winter Me won my vote for personal favorite...”  David Metcalf, Contemporary Fusion

SONG OF THE DAY – Ces petits riens -- “Suzanna’s winning voice and a full-bodied bass to boot,” Brian Zimmerman, Jazziz Magazine

“…the bouncy fun of the glorious Come to Baby, Do! and the elegant Over the RainbowLive for Life ends the record on a high note, as Ross exits with a flawless execution and a timeless appeal. This CD travels nicely with Julie London’s Sophisticated Lady.” Tom Haugen, Take Effect

“Ms. Ross gives one the impression that she could sing nearly anything and sound quite comfortable… Antonio Carlos Jobim’s Dreamer which is given a tender interpretation… The playful Ces petits riens, a dramatic Parlez-moi de lui, For me formidable, and even part of Over the Rainbow, have Suzanna Ross singing quite effectively in French…  and the Australian rock song, Boomerang Baby, is given a vibe reminiscent of Fever… and she excels on My Favorite Things that alternates between ¾ and 4/4 time…” Scott Yanow, LA Jazz Scene

“…the piano-led beauty Laura (a theme song from the 1944 film noir) is also one of my personal favorites and that's then backed by the late night, smoky club vibe of For Me Formidable, and the foot-tappin' jaunt Come to Baby Do!” Anne Carlini, Exclusive Magazine

“…the playful upbeat jazz swing of Haven't We Met ...  sultry Latin Flair is added to Dreamer ... Mr. Wonderful is a loving, gentle ballad that allows Suzanna's vocals to soar... and Suzanna's version of Over the Rainbow is filled with emotion, as she pours all her feelings into her French/English performance of the song...  On Laura, Ross really gets creative with her art…  she finishes with the uplifting ballad  Live for Life."  JPs Music Blog

image-48466466d98642c5b851b410512c233e-f

TICKET LINK HERE

www.suzannaross.com

Suzanna Ross

suzannarosssongs@gmail.com

Attachments

download
Live Show ..

download
Promotion ..

download
Promotion ..

download
Original R..

download
Bewitched ..

• 1 month later...

The CD release show is October 24, 2020 in New York City at The Triad Theater.

CABARET SCENES MAGAZINE: "Suzanna Ross' debut album has much sophistication. The inspired range of songs... some of the most glorious American songwriters... some marvelous French composers and lyricists... one can almost inhale the scent of Gauloises in the air... it appears she has been influenced by Peggy Lee, whose aura is evident in several songs... "My Favorite Things" and "Laura" are both winning presentations... Not only was the arrangement by Gregory Toroian for “Laura” striking, but Ross’ vocal was superb! For those who have not heard it performed this way, "L'arc en ciel" is stunning. In the hands of Ross, “Mr. Wonderful” is more than credible. As a storyteller Ross is comfortable within a variety of genres, from jazz to French chansons, and displays believability in all of them. " Jerry Osterberg.

LA JAZZ SCENE: "A timeless jazz vocal recording fit for music lovers of all kinds. Don't miss out on this one. Suzanna Ross has emerged as one of the most versatile jazz vocalists on the scene... Ross' vocals are powerful yet tender with a unique, fast vibrato. "My Favorite Things," "Over the Rainbow," and "Mr. Wonderful" have been recorded dozens of times but Ross adds a deeply personal touch that makes these covers unforgettable. Ross' marvelous vocal vibrato makes every nuance special. On "C'est petits riens" Ross evokes the spirit of a true French chanteuse... " Doc Wendell