Downbeat Magazine Collection

Need to clean out Downbeat magazines for extra space. From 2006 through 2019. Stored is sealed plastic containers in a smoke-free house.Magazines all in good shape.

Free to a good home. You just pay for shipping.

Let me know if interested by responding to posting followed with PM.

Thanks,

LWayne

Edited by LWayne

Nice offer! - I’d jump at it but it would not be pretty here either with my wife in spring cleaning mode as I’m trying to smuggle in some CDs through the mail, as I’m sure we all are, with neighborhood CD shops on pause-  enjoy and happy reading to whoever receives!

Bob

Considering what many of you are hinting at here with your wives I realize (again) how lucky I am with mine. I am having pretty much free rein in my collecting fields - as long as things don't spill over everywhere. Which in fact is the point I have reached some time ago for both records/CDs and old paper (i.e. shelves and boxes more or less full and NOT YET overflowing) so I am restraining myself anyway and have reduced buying new items (though I would not mind adding a batch of MUCH older Downbeats to my "archives", for example).
Good luck and congrats to the taker of this offer ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

13 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Considering what many of you are hinting at here with your wives I realize (again) how lucky I am with mine. I am having pretty much free rein in my collecting fields - as long as things don't spill over everywhere. 

Same with my wife.  She freaks out every once in a while if my CD room has too much unshelved material, but is overall very supportive.  I have moved out a ton of stuff (books and obsolete CD's/vinyl, as well as excess supplies such as boxes) the past year.  

Even though I have a music library that is over 15 by 35 feet, I end up storing all my old jazz magazines in my basement office. If my wife forced me to answer, I'd have to say that I rarely look at old issues, but I just can't part with them. Maybe they will provide reference materials for a future jazz book, or be on their way to recycling or the dump after I've gone...

At first when I read the opening salvo, I was like, "I NEED these!!", and then I looked around in my "personal space" at all the other things, books, magazines, records, that I've been meaning to read, listen to, browse, reflect upon over the years. I owe it to myself NOT to buy any more.

Thank you for your generosity, LWayne, and to whoever will get these: enjoy!!!

Edited by Dmitry