Hank Is Top(p)s!!!

JSngry

This is from that second super-duper deluxe box set that Blue Note put out a couple of years ago: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Spirit-Time/release/12972018?ev=rr

It included "A set of 20 Topps Blue Note Trading Cards based on Topps’ 1959 Baseball Trading Cards featuring artists including Thelonious Monk, Horace Silver, Dexter Gordon, Lee Morgan, Grant Green, Hank Mobley, Freddie Hubbard, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Charles Lloyd, Robert Glasper, and more"

2 hours ago, bresna said:

This is from that second super-duper deluxe box set that Blue Note put out a couple of years ago: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Spirit-Time/release/12972018?ev=rr

It included "A set of 20 Topps Blue Note Trading Cards based on Topps’ 1959 Baseball Trading Cards featuring artists including Thelonious Monk, Horace Silver, Dexter Gordon, Lee Morgan, Grant Green, Hank Mobley, Freddie Hubbard, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Charles Lloyd, Robert Glasper, and more"

would have been more impressive had they kept it to artists who were on the BN roster in or around 1959.  Think what you will of Robert Glasper (my opinion is mixed), he and Charles Lloyd recorded for a whole different BN, which to me has basically nothing except a name and label design in common with the 1959 BN.  Off the top of my head, Morgan, Dizzy Reece, Louis Smith, McLean, Donaldson, Sonny Red, Mobley, Clifford Jordan, Stanley Turrentine, Curtis Fuller, Bennie Green, Jimmy Smith, Horace Silver, Duke Pearson, Gene Harris. Sonny Clark, Freddie Redd, Horace Parlan, Paul Chambers, Art Taylor, Art Blakey, Kenny Burrell.