On The Corner (metal spine) - deal on Miles official store

51 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

I don't have the IASW box...

Dude...if nothing else, you'll want it just to hear how totally different the record was than the session.

That's not the only reason, but seriously, all the other Miles records that Teo did involved artful crafting, at times at a pretty significant compositional level, but IASW goes waaaay beyond that - and you will have no idea just how much unless you hear this box.

I was, how do other people say it...gobsmacked.

I’m jumping at the OTC set, but I wish they had the complete Montreux box.

So, if I have the 40th anniversary Bitches Brew box and the 1999 2 CD set, is there any reason to get the Complete Bitches Brew set?  I know the contents is different, but is it worth it?  Opinions?

And is there anything in the Seven Steps box that’s not available on the individual CDs?

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Dude...if nothing else, you'll want it just to hear how totally different the record was than the session.

That's not the only reason, but seriously, all the other Miles records that Teo did involved artful crafting, at times at a pretty significant compositional level, but IASW goes waaaay beyond that - and you will have no idea just how much unless you hear this box.

Yes to that. Teo created "It's about Time" and then Miles began playing  it Teo's way in concert.  Mile's head/theme was left off the record and never played again as far as I know. 

7 hours ago, bluesForBartok said:

FWIW - the OTC metal box is going for $70 USD on the official Miles store site - https://www.milesdavisstore.com/product/X3CDMD69/the-complete-on-the-corner-sessions-6disc-cd?cp=99754_107908

Thanks for the alert!

1 hour ago, blake said:

+15%-off your first purchase when you sign on to their email list. This is the only one in the series that I don't have (I honestly don't recall why that is), say it's not too good to be true?

I tried ordering, but the 15% was not coming off the order.  I've emailed the site (which seems to be Sony's Popmarket behind the scenes) and am awaiting a response.

3 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

OTC is #8 in the series.

oops. You're right. It's The Cellar Door (which is packaged just like In a Silent Way) that isn't part of the series --probably because it was recorded before but released after OTC and they would have had to number it 7.5. 

Edited by medjuck

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Love the IASW box, but the background coloring of the liner notes in the accompanying book has accounted for much of my poor vision while trying to read them. :blink:. Don't know who at Legacy/Sony signed off on that clashing orange/blue/white design. The words are barely decipherable in many parts of the notes. 

3 hours ago, Clunky said:

It’s the Cellar Door set I want at a non insane price 

Yes, if only they would reissue that one too. But I'm definitely jumping on the OTC set. It was pretty pricey even when it was available the first time around. 

1 hour ago, trane_fanatic said:

Love the IASW box, but the background coloring of the liner notes in the accompanying book has accounted for much of my poor vision while trying to read them. :blink:. Don't know who at Legacy/Sony signed off on that clashing orange/blue/white design. The words are barely decipherable in many parts of the notes. 

yes.  

2 hours ago, felser said:

But it is limited and cannot be used for this set (I tried).

Then it's not really a valid offer.  Consider the logic: once you buy the OTC box (which is your first order), you can never again use the offer.

Another semi-sleazy thing: there's free shipping on orders over $75.  OTC happens to cost $69.95.

21 minutes ago, mjzee said:

Then it's not really a valid offer.  Consider the logic: once you buy the OTC box (which is your first order), you can never again use the offer.

Another semi-sleazy thing: there's free shipping on orders over $75.  OTC happens to cost $69.95.

Shipping was $6.37 not terrible.  I did order it but couldnt find anything else worth buying for the free shipping