On The Corner (metal spine) - deal on Miles official store

On 4/15/2020 at 4:49 PM, JSngry said:

Dude...if nothing else, you'll want it just to hear how totally different the record was than the session.

That's not the only reason, but seriously, all the other Miles records that Teo did involved artful crafting, at times at a pretty significant compositional level, but IASW goes waaaay beyond that - and you will have no idea just how much unless you hear this box.

I was, how do other people say it...gobsmacked.

yeah, I only have ever had the LP. will keep an eye out for the box. I knew it existed, just never grabbed.

22 hours ago, medjuck said:

oops. You're right. It's The Cellar Door (which is packaged just like In a Silent Way) that isn't part of the series --probably because it was recorded before but released after OTC and they would have had to number it 7.5. 

I'm confused. The Cellar Door box (Dec 2005) was released before the On the Corner box (Oct 2007). I thought that they were considering the series to be mostly comprised of studio sessions (notwithstanding most of the Seven Steps set), thus Plugged Nickel and Cellar Door not being included in the numbering.

44 minutes ago, GregK said:

I'm confused. The Cellar Door box (Dec 2005) was released before the On the Corner box (Oct 2007). I thought that they were considering the series to be mostly comprised of studio sessions (notwithstanding most of the Seven Steps set), thus Plugged Nickel and Cellar Door not being included in the numbering.

Also the Blackhawk box with Mobley.

1 hour ago, GregK said:

You're right.