Brian Dennehy, RIP

Death of natural causes, not COVID-related:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-brian-dennehy-1.5534605

He always loved the stage more than TV or the movies, and he returned to the stage, more or less for good by the late 90s.  I was lucky enough to see him in Krapp's Last Tape in Chicago and Waiting for Godot at Stratford.  I was supposed to see him in the 3+ hour epic version of The Iceman Cometh, but I got sick as a dog and had to cancel my trip out to New York.

RIP

42 minutes ago, ejp626 said:

Death of natural causes, not COVID-related:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/obit-brian-dennehy-1.5534605

He always loved the stage more than TV or the movies, and he returned to the stage, more or less for good by the late 90s.  I was lucky enough to see him in Krapp's Last Tape in Chicago and Waiting for Godot at Stratford.  I was supposed to see him in the 3+ hour epic version of The Iceman Cometh, but I got sick as a dog and had to cancel my trip out to New York.

RIP

RIP indeed. Bet he was great in Krapp's. 

17 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

RIP indeed. Bet he was great in Krapp's. 

It was paired with a one-act by O'Neill (Hughie) which was good, but Krapp's Last Tape was at a whole 'nother level after the intermission.  It's a tricky piece, and he was great in it.

I don't know if it was recorded, but it certainly should have been.  (Same with the Iceman Cometh that I missed out on.)