Neil Swainson - 49th Parallel

mjzee

Yes, I had this one in my car CD player and had forgotten it was there.  I hit play and picked up on the middle of a Woody solo.  Not really thinking too hard about it, I thought to myself "man that guy can play - who is it?"  I smiled when I realized who it was.  Nice CD.

3 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

There’s “Imagination” on Muse from a few months later, right?

This screwy looking URL is the actual direct address of the real (official) Woody Shaw discography, from the legit Woody Shaw website.

http://50.62.230.18/discography/

There are a few things (5 total, iirc) after the Swainson session. 2-3 studio, and 2-3 live. (On my phone, or I could more easily cite them.)

8 hours ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Is it on the Wayback-Machine site, by any chance?

I do kinda vaguely remember the comments as being interesting, and often pretty helpful (particularly with obscure entries, or at least stuff I hadn’t yet heard back then).

yes, indeed, it's here

remarkably enough, in that version of the discography, the following was noted that about 49th Parallel: " A good release. The liner notes claim this is Woody's final studio recording date, but it cannot be unless the credits are misprinted." but this type of detail was deleted when the discography became "official"

Edited by Niko