What's the earliest recording you have in your collection?

Hardbopjazz

I'm curious to find out what is the earliest recording other have in their collection. I have a CD of "American Negro Songs" from about the turn of the 20th century. Jazz and improvisation was already alive and well around 1900 when most of these tracks were recorded. It just hadn't been branded the name "jazz" at that point. At least to me this is how I perceive these recordings when listening to them. 

Here is one that I have. 

Earliest Negro Vocal Quartets - The Earliest Negro Vocal Quartets ...

There are some CDs out with 1890's recordings besides Allen Lowe's anthology. Archeophone reissued some of it - very interesting music.

R-3665243-1339473149-3765.jpeg.jpgR-1002662-1208312930.jpeg.jpg

I have a handful of very early classical recordings from that time, too. But the earliest stuff I have are recordings for mechanical organs from the 18th cenrury! 

Some other early stuff I have:

R-7538472-1577542706-6066.jpeg.jpgR-9544034-1557762776-8383.jpeg.jpg

13 hours ago, medjuck said:

anybody here got any Scott Joplin?   (Recordings, not piano rolls.) 

Totally forgot about Scott Joplin.

I have a few Biograph LPs by him and James Scott with piano rolls transferred to vinyl for reissue.
But discounting vinyl reissues of piano rolls, I find I also have this one with recordings dating back to 1900:

https://www.discogs.com/de/Various-Ragtime-Cake-Walks-Military-Bands-Ragtime-Orchestras-Coon-Contests-Blues-And-Jazz-Volume-2-1/release/6295213