Son-of-a-Weizen?

catesta

1 hour ago, catesta said:

Does anybody here have any contact with Son-of-a-Weizen (Rolf)?

I used to communicate with him from time to time but haven't done so for awhile (no particular reason).  I'm friends with him on Facebook and he posted there about 10 days ago, so it appears he's still using that account occasionally.  His last FB post was a photo of a bottle of wine, so he doesn't seem to have undergone a drastic personality change. ^_^

Edited by ghost of miles

• 8 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, ghost of miles said:

I used to communicate with him from time to time but haven't done so for awhile (no particular reason).  I'm friends with him on Facebook and he posted there about 10 days ago, so it appears he's still using that account occasionally.  His last FB post was a photo of a bottle of wine, so he doesn't seem to have undergone a drastic personality change. ^_^

Not so.......I’ve given up red wine in favor of Italian whites.  😎

4 hours ago, Son-of-a-Weizen said:

I hadn’t seen seen any recent pics on FB of that hometown coffee/donut shop you like, so I figured I’d better come check up on you.  😎

The Rainbow Bakery! Much favored for a couple of years by my girlfriend and me (she was the one posting the photos)... I’m proud to say I turned on neighbor and Jazz Loft author Sam Stephenson to that fine establishment, which is within walking distance of our houses. But it’s been a no-go zone since the onset of the pandemic... hoping he and I can return there come summer before he ups and moves to Texas. (His wife got a faculty job there.) Hope you and your daughters have weathered the past year with formidable spirit! (Or spirits as the case may be. 🍻 )

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

Texas? Faculty job? Ups AND moves?

Yep--she (Courtney Fitzpatrick, Sam's wife) got an assistant professorship in Texas A & M's biology department, starting this autumn.  Really going to miss having her and Sam as next-door neighbors, but fortunate that they ended up staying here as long as they did.  Sam can do his writing and research pretty much anywhere, so they were always going to land wherever she could find a tenure-track job.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

Oh my, A&M...talk about a cult masquerading as a top-shelf school...assuming that it's the main campus in College Station...

Thanks for that opinion.

I have an engineering degree from A&M.  They are ranked #13 currently (rankings from 2020) in the nation for engineering programs on U.S. News & World Report.  Ahead of Columbia, Cornell, Penn, Princeton, & Harvard, all of which are obviously Ivy League.  

I'd say for engineering they're fairly top shelf.

On Money.com they're ranked #8 nationally.

Edited by Aggie87