COVID-19 III: No Politics For Thee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, David Ayers said:

Meanwhile my COUNTY has amassed more Covid deaths than many COUNTRIES...

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/167-countries-recorded-fewer-covid-4880708

Pioneers of the new more effective strain 🙁

New strains from UK, SA and Brazil.  All countries where government mismanagement or economic disadvantage has led to uncontrolled and high infection rates which encourages mutation.  We're unlikely to see a South Korean strain I'll predict.

As for Kent, at least it's not being disadvantaged by Brexit...

Well, got my COVID positive test this past Monday (from a test taken Sunday). Symptoms showed up late that day and have taken their toll on me all week. This stuff is terrible. You don't want it. I'm way younger than vaccine age and would consider myself healthy: eat mostly right, do HIIT workouts about 5-6 times a week, and have no pre-existing conditions. But this is so bad that I could easily see how it could take a bad turn at any time. So yall, please be careful and don't get weary or overconfident. 

33 minutes ago, Dub Modal said:

Well, got my COVID positive test this past Monday (from a test taken Sunday). Symptoms showed up late that day and have taken their toll on me all week. This stuff is terrible. You don't want it. I'm way younger than vaccine age and would consider myself healthy: eat mostly right, do HIIT workouts about 5-6 times a week, and have no pre-existing conditions. But this is so bad that I could easily see how it could take a bad turn at any time. So yall, please be careful and don't get weary or overconfident. 

Sorry to hear that, and get well soon!

This is a very good reminder, though there is little chance of not being weary of this pandemic...

19 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

Yes, take care of yourself, do what the doctor says and hopefully this is the worst that you'll feel, with recovery commencing soon.

13 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Please keep us posted and hope you rapidly get to feeling better. Grateful for your presence here.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hope you start to feel better soon.

Anyone hear from Dmitry to see how he’s doing?

Thanks guys. And I hope Dmitry is getting better. 

I had the rare symptom of vertigo with this which lasted about 2 days. Glad that's over but the fatigue, sore throat and cough are staying strong. I'm in isolation at my house, taking OTC meds and monitoring my temp and blood oxygen via a pulse oximeter. There's good people checking up on me as well which is very much appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Dub Modal said:

Get well soon ....

4 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

I was wondering and saw that he posted on Wednesday but hasn't given an update on his condition.  Hopefully improving.

Yes, thanks for checking up. It's been 9 days for me, and I'm now positive that this thing will not kill me. Without going into too much unnecessary, self-pitying detail, I'll just say that this bitch is bad. Another board member who also had the COVID has been a strong support, as we've been corresponding via Private Messages almost daily. 
Dub Modal, my only advice is to keep a detailed daily journal of your condition; I started doing that, and rereading my symptoms from Day 1 gives the only true perspective on one's condition. That, and stay away from reading anything covid-related; you'll go nuts. Ultimately you'll recover. Good luck! 

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Get well soon ....

1 minute ago, Dmitry said:

Yes, thanks for checking up. It's been 9 days for me, and I'm now positive that this thing will not kill me. Without going into too much unnecessary, self-pitying detail, I'll just say that this bitch is bad. Another board member who also had the COVID has been a strong support, as we've been corresponding via Private Messages almost daily. 
Dub Modal, my only advice is to keep a detailed daily journal of your condition; I started doing that, and rereading my symptoms from Day 1 gives the only true perspective on one's condition. That, and stay away from reading anything covid-related; you'll go nuts. Ultimately you'll recover. Good luck! 

Glad you're hanging in there. Good idea on the journal, and I'm not reading much of anything mainly b/c I don't have the energy. Short windows of time happen when I can jump on here or elsewhere online and then it's back to laying down. So at least that keeps me away from reading covid stuff online. 

100% this is a bad bitch.  

23 hours ago, Dmitry said:

Happy to hear that you are on the mend, Dmitry. 

On 1/15/2021 at 4:33 PM, Dmitry said:

Very glad to hear that you're not going to be requiring a New Orleans send-off!  And grateful that another board member has been a source of support for you throughout this.

On 15/01/2021 at 1:30 PM, mjazzg said:

New strains from UK, SA and Brazil.  All countries where government mismanagement or economic disadvantage has led to uncontrolled and high infection rates which encourages mutation.  We're unlikely to see a South Korean strain I'll predict.

As for Kent, at least it's not being disadvantaged by Brexit...

Ho, ho! 

I wish we were about to turn the corner, but I think we have even worse roads ahead of us, more deaths per day than ever, before we can see a slowing. Things will get better operationally as far as vaccine and information and preventive measures now that we have a different administration at the helm, slowly. Slowly. 

My father is not recovering well, even though he never had the pulminary blitzkrieg that takes down so many. I fear we may lose him . . . it's getting hard to remain hopeful as he takes one step forward and two back. My heart goes out to so many struggling with this. . .and both patients and family members unable to be together it's particularly saddening.

Edited by jazzbo

50 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

I wish we were about to turn the corner, but I think we have even worse roads ahead of us, more deaths per day than ever, before we can see a slowing. Things will get better operationally as far as vaccine and information and preventive measures now that we have a different administration at the helm, slowly. Slowly. 

My father is not recovering well, even though he never had the pulminary blitzkrieg that takes down so many. I fear we may lose him . . . it's getting hard to remain hopeful as he takes one step forward and two back. My heart goes out to so many struggling with this. . .and both patients and family members unable to be together it's particularly saddening.

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad isn't bouncing back. Hopefully that changes.

I am seriously unsure why people think the new President will change things appreciably in any serious time frame. I read today the House expects to pass another Covid bill by end February/beginning March. Still has to go thru the Senate.  Fact of the matter to me is we have a Federal system with States in charge of the process. Some inevitably will do better than others (and why would any be wasting the defrosted Vac because they won't go against the required distribution priority? Take a lesson from Israel, people. And by the way that scenario is NY where Saint Cuomo is in charge). And we should never discount the injurious effects of beauracracy in general.

Enough though of politics. I agree that things will get worse as the more contagious versions spread, and IMO the differences going forward between administrations will be very much at the margins.

Anyway I look forward to Friday when I am getting up extra early so that I am online at 6 am when Publix' website will go live again for setting appointments for Covid vaccinations at their pharmacies.  Will it be like the last time I got my wife tickets for Def Leppard, except even nose bleed won't be available within seconds of the opening?  If someone invented sniping software for Covid appointments they'd make a fortune. I'll let you guys know how I do securing an appointment for Mom.