COVID-19 III: No Politics For Thee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

My brother had a breakthrough case. Lost smell and taste and had a headache. 

My wife was talking to a retired co-worker who had Covid a while back and she lost her senses for taste & smell. It's been several months. She tells my wife she really misses the taste of coffee.

One of my co-workers got Covid last fall and lost his sense of smell & taste for a few weeks but it came back.

I can't imagine if I lost my sense of taste & smell. My wine cellar would be pretty useless. :)

4 hours ago, bresna said:

My wife was talking to a retired co-worker who had Covid a while back and she lost her senses for taste & smell. It's been several months. She tells my wife she really misses the taste of coffee.

One of my co-workers got Covid last fall and lost his sense of smell & taste for a few weeks but it came back.

I can't imagine if I lost my sense of taste & smell. My wine cellar would be pretty useless. :)

My Dad lost his sense of taste and smell for about three months and it slowly has returned. . . up to about 80 percent now I would say, nearly a year later.

2 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Somehow I guessed that. LOL!

Someday I'l watch the whole thing again, I tell myself. Hipped to it by a friend part way through, Jeanne and I could hardly believe what what we were seeing -- maybe the best TV show ever. The episode where Buffy comes home from school and finds her mother dead on the couch! And the luscious as her name Charisma Carpenter!

21 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

I got J&J back in March, and I plan to get a booster shot a week from tomorrow — and I’m just seeing I can just as easily get Pfizer as Moderna — and I’m suddenly wondering which one I should get??

(Definitely not getting J&J again.)

I believe the data says "Moderna".

29 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

I believe the data says "Moderna".

I thought so too, but then I’m also seeing this, which may put Pfizer and Moderna on more of an equal footing? Maybe?

Per the CDC: “COVID-19 booster shots are the same formulation as the current COVID-19 vaccines. However, in the case of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, it is half the dose of the vaccine people get for their initial series.”

Just now, Rooster_Ties said:

I thought so too, but then I’m also seeing this, which may put Pfizer and Moderna on more of an equal footing? Maybe?

Per the CDC: “COVID-19 booster shots are the same formulation as the current COVID-19 vaccines. However, in the case of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine booster shot, it is half the dose of the vaccine people get for their initial series.”

That's because Moderna is so darn good for those who started with it.

For you, I believe the combo J&J + Moderna had the best result.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my booster shot yesterday at a walk-in clinic 15 miles away. There were about two dozen of us standing outside the doors shortly before 8 a.m.. Once the doors opened I was out the door at 8:32. Had a bit of a headache later in the day and some fatigue but feel back to normal today.

Got my Moderna booster on Wednesday (11/7), and other than a really sore shoulder, no other significant side effects.

I’d gotten J&J originally, so I’m very glad to have gotten another jab, especially with something other than J&J.

My wife and father both got 3rd Pfizer shots a couple weeks ago, and I think my wife’s folks both got theirs too around then.

18 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Got my Moderna booster on Wednesday (11/7), and other than a really sore shoulder, no other significant side effects.

I’d gotten J&J originally, so I’m very glad to have gotten another jab, especially with something other than J&J.

My wife and father both got 3rd Pfizer shots a couple weeks ago, and I think my wife’s folks both got theirs too around then.

A co-worker died last week from Covid and he had the J&J vaccine, so if i had that one, I'd be looking to combine it with another too.

Third Moderna Saturday at Publix. Since boosters for everybody is the policy now, I wonder if, for a brief time, getting appointments at Publix will be as difficult as it was for the first month or so when they made the vaccines available.

It is disconcerting to hear someone had J&J and died.  I know the odds aren't perfect for avoiding hospitalization, but they are very very good. Do you know Bresna if they had co-morbidities?