Miles Davis - Complete Sessions available again

barnaba.siegel

The classic square-box complete sessions are back:

https://www.milesdavis.com/news/the-miles-davis-series-available-again-in-limited-quantities/

It says it's limited. And I don't see it anywhere on Amazon, so it can be truth. The list of reissued boxes its:

- On The Corner

- Jack Johnson

- Seven Steps

- Miles Davis/Gil Evans

- Miles Davis/John Coltrane

- In A Silent Way

- Quintet 1965-68

- Bitches Brew

I don't see there Cellar Door Sessions though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carpe Diem on that On The Corner sessions box.

Pound for pound, the most ‘interesting’ of all the Miles boxes (if only because the IaSW box is half the size) - imho.

I’ve had one for years, that I got with a 40% off one item coupon from Border’s barely a couple weeks after release date, and then a month or two later it was already at least half gone everywhere.

Carpe diem!!

OK.. .if you want to trust B4B as official. . . maybe, I don't know. Doesn't matter to me but I've seen no confirmation from the source. Hope those who want these get them! I have enjoyed these sets for years!

Edited by jazzbo

3 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

I thought these were the sets from unsold Genius box sets

Ok, so when do the empty faux trumpet cases start going on sale for madpiratebuc-bucks?

And then the mouthpieces?

HOW MUCH DO I GOTTA DO TO GET A COMPLETE GENIUS SET?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

2 hours ago, jazzbo said:

OK.. .if you want to trust B4B as official. . . maybe, I don't know. Doesn't matter to me but I've seen no confirmation from the source. Hope those who want these get them! I have enjoyed these sets for years!

Oh I didn’t know there was reason to be suspicious. Seemed like a strange thing to make up but maybe you’re right. 

8 hours ago, jcam_44 said:

Oh I didn’t know there was reason to be suspicious. Seemed like a strange thing to make up but maybe you’re right. 

I don't mean to be disparaging to Blues for Bartok, I just don't know that he's connected to the milesdavis.com or Sony and I still haven't seen any confirmation of this from those sources. It does seem probable. But in this age of BS I'm a bit more demanding of facts.

Yes, it only makes sense for them to do this at some point. . . to me. But then I'm a disc addict. The rest of the word has quickly moved on. I'm glad I have both the US and Japanese cd sets, I like them both a lot and this music has been an important part of my listening world for some time.

6 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Yes, it only makes sense for them to do this at some point. . . to me. But then I'm a disc addict. The rest of the word has quickly moved on. I'm glad I have both the US and Japanese cd sets, I like them both a lot and this music has been an important part of my listening world for some time.

I have all except the Miles/Gil and Miles/Coltrane (I also have the Cellar Door and Plugged Nickel).  I also passed on Miles/Gil due to alternate takes.  I passed on Miles/Coltrane because I had all of the music.

I would purchase the Plugged Nickel set again just for the sake of purchasing it again.  Outside of the Plugged Nickel, which is just special and unique, I have listened to the Cellar Door the most out of the Miles Box Sets closely followed by Jack Johnson.   I do not care for the JJ album much, but I really, really, like the JJ box.

4 hours ago, jazzbo said:

I hear you Lon, me too.  Streaming for me serves as a way to test things I wanna buy.  Amazon HD Music outside of hi res and more recent CD offerings  is full of upconverted poorly encoded MP3's and that's really a drag but to be expected.

I sold my US / European Plugged Nickel box set a few years ago when I found the Japanese box in a Disk union store somewhere in Japan. I know, the Japanese version has 1 disc less and probably does not sound as good, but it has a special meaning to me. I used to drool over it in 1990s when I was poor and could not afford one, plus I like it's design a lot better.