Shipping delays

Hope everyone is safe -

Although there are extensive shipping delays in light of the coronavirus, has anyone, particularly in the US, received any CD shipments from Japan? I ordered some CDs from three different eBay sellers almost 2 months ago in early March 2020. To date, I have not received any of them. I have checked the USPS site for tracking and see that “label had been created” but nothing further-no movement.

Has anyone on the board experienced the same? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. 

Be safe,

Bob

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. I purchased some cds from CD Japan and they shipped it DHL; I don’t think they’re using regular mail nowadays. On the other hand, I purchased a few weeks ago on eBay a couple of cds from a seller who is very reliable. He warned me that it could take a long time for the post office to ship them and he wasn’t kidding; they haven’t left Japan yet. 

I placed two orders from the same vendor in Germany, one on 04/06 and one on 04/09. The First order arrived in about two weeks, the second I still haven't seen. 

From Japan I have an order from April 12th I'm still waiting for. 

Domestically items seem to be arriving but are all over the place with how long it takes. 

8 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Japan is not shipping to the US through regular post right now.

Interesting. They're still shipping to UK, My Hannibal Peterson LP arrived only yesterday from Japan and mighty pleased I am with it and with them for getting it here :). In under 10 days too which is perfectly reasonable from my perspective.

Edited by mjazzg

I'm still waiting for a package that was mailed by int'l priority mail from Colorado on April 24. It seems to be stuck at a USPS depot in San Francisco. No idea when it will get here, as there's hardly any transatlantic air traffic right now.

14 minutes ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Ordered on April 12 from England. Not sure it has gone anywhere. No worries - plenty to listen to.

I ordered a 12-CD box from England around the same date. It shipped April 15 and arrived May 4, sooner than I expected and faster than some domestic USPS media mail deliveries.

Yes it’s slower than usual although it is very much dependent where to or where it comes from. Packages I sent to Germany took much longer than normal. Also I am waiting for a package from Japan for a month now which usually takes 1.5 week. Kupiku made me pay 25 dollars for their ‘special shipping service’ which was according to them: the only option in this time. Funny because another Japanese seller shipped a package for 5 dollars trough Amazon.

Edited by Pim

Like Pim said ... it's rather unpredictable now. Small parcels i have sent to France recently took and are taking a lot longer than normal (though even the past there have been outliers in the '"slow" and "fast" directions) but the French recipient of one of them told me today that this happens even inside his country. A larger letter mailed from a place just 150 kms from his home inside France took FOUR weeks to arrive. OTOH, I received a smiliar larger letter from Austria today only 3 days after it had been dispatched. So one really never knows, do one? :D

i tried to place an order with a company in France but they told me they weren't shipping to the USA during the pandemic.  I don't know whether that's national or pertains only to that company.

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I am waiting for a domestic package here in Sweden. According to the online tracker it could not be delivered and the location is stated as "Bangladesh"... Surely an error (I cannot believe that it's there) but hilarious nevertheless. 

C'mon - every American knows that Bangladesh is in Sweden.

This is a joke about how some Americans cannot identify many other countries on a map.

• 2 weeks later...

I was waiting and waiting for an order to ship from cdjapan and decided to ask them if they had an ETA.  They didn't but said that I had other options to use and I chose DHL and the order shipped a few days later and should arrive tomorrow.

On 8-5-2020 at 0:49 AM, J.A.W. said:

I'm still waiting for a package that was mailed by int'l priority mail from Colorado on April 24. It seems to be stuck at a USPS depot in San Francisco. No idea when it will get here, as there's hardly any transatlantic air traffic right now.

Still waiting for that package... No tracking update since April 28.