Shipping delays

I wouldn't give up hope yet. I have one disc on order from a private seller in Japan. . . I ordered it March 21 and he put it in the mail the next day. It did not leave the Japanese post office til May 15. It is right now in Indianapolis, so I may see it this week.

Edited by jazzbo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anything is lost, just indefinitely delayed, especially packages that are shipped internationally. One shipment can get lost, maybe two, but so many, unlikely. I still think the air traffic problems are to blame. A package from Sweden that usually takes a few days recently took three weeks to arrive at my doorstep, and that's within the EU.

Edited by J.A.W.

My USPS Int'l Priority Mail package from Colorado finally arrived today, after more than 4 weeks...

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I’m still awaiting two CDs from Japan that were shipped through the post office in early April. DHL is the best way to go these days. 

I agree. I got several packages that only took a couple of days to get here via DHL - all within the EU.

I was looking at CD Japan and there was this notice:

“Update April.23, 2020 : Additionally Suspended Countries / Regions

[Important Note]

Japan post will suspend deliveries by EMS and Airmail to all areas in the United States of America.

If you wish to change your shipping method to DHL or FedEx, send us a request: info@cdjapan.co.jp”

There is also this from the Japanese Post Office, https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0423_01_01_en.pdf

I received an email about the shipping delays involving the Japanese post office.

Essentially, all packages which shipped before April 23th will be delivered but right now most packages which shipped after April 3rd have been held up by Japan Post and are still in Japan; they are stuck with a huge amount of packages because flights to the US have been reduced and canceled. It will now take 2-4 months for packages to get to their final destination.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 7:18 AM, jcam_44 said:

I placed two orders from the same vendor in Germany, one on 04/06 and one on 04/09. The First order arrived in about two weeks, the second I still haven't seen. 

From Japan I have an order from April 12th I'm still waiting for. 

Domestically items seem to be arriving but are all over the place with how long it takes. 

Order from Japan arrived today. 

On 02/06/2020 at 7:54 PM, Bluesnik said:

The other, which I assume is from the UK and which is the Shirley Scott preorder, still has to show up.

That one showed up yesterday, and yes it was from the UK. I think it's from Brownswood, Gilles Peterson's label, because though it's still unopened it shows a "If undeliverable return to Brownswood" message. Brownswood, called after the Brownstone house that houses a part of his collection, was formed in the mid 2000s and launched the many neosoul Brownswood Bubblers compilations with the best of each year. The first was launched in 2007 and I think they still exist today. At least they existed in 2010-12. And I now see his new reissue label is called Arc, which must have reissued the Shirley Scott. But his main label still is Brownswood. He had other ones before, like Talkin Loud in the acid jazz days.

Buyers beware of Japanese shipping options like EMS. I have paid an extra 25 euros for that option. Promised to arrive within 2-3 days. Now I did calculate that clearance and handling would take more than that but after 4 days, the package haven’t even left the country. 

chose this option because another package got lost and another took 1,5 month to arrive. I feel a bit ripped off...