King Oliver Online Discographies?

johnmillsjr

1 hour ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Lots of discographies here - http://www.mainspringpress.com/. Scroll down to find a free pdf of Brian Rust's "Jazz and Ragtime Records 1897-1942.

You usually tell people to buy a book. Glad to see that you are expanding your repertoire. 

Edited by Teasing the Korean

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 7:42 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

Lots of discographies here - http://www.mainspringpress.com/. Scroll down to find a free pdf of Brian Rust's "Jazz and Ragtime Records 1897-1942.

I've tried downloading the Rust but I feel like I must be doing something wrong. There is no Count Basie listing and very little after 1934 (e.g. the Benny Goodman listing seems to stop at 1934). Am I missing something?

10 hours ago, djcavanagh said:

I've tried downloading the Rust but I feel like I must be doing something wrong. There is no Count Basie listing and very little after 1934 (e.g. the Benny Goodman listing seems to stop at 1934). Am I missing something?

Don't know - I downloaded my version in 2018 and everything works fine. Maybe I will try another download.

Thanks Chuck. I can't for the life of me understand what is wrong with mine. I've tried downloading it again and I'm still having the same problem. I have Viola Bartlette on page 73 followed by Bat "The Humming Bird" but no Basie in between. I feel like I must be doing something really obvious wrong. 

This is the link that I used.

1 hour ago, djcavanagh said:

Thanks Chuck. I can't for the life of me understand what is wrong with mine. I've tried downloading it again and I'm still having the same problem. I have Viola Bartlette on page 73 followed by Bat "The Humming Bird" but no Basie in between. I feel like I must be doing something really obvious wrong. 

This is the link that I used.

I downloaded the file, and I'm seeing what you are.  Doing a search for "Basie" reveals 1 match on page 618, 1 match on page 643, 1 match on page 860, 2 matches on page 862, and 1 match on page 952.  I'm also seeing what you're seeing on page 73.