Numero Label

Late

A heads-up on recordings from the Numero label: Dusty Groove has discounted their inventory of this label. Lots of new discs at half-off. Numero is normally quite expensive, so this is good news. Wide-ranging music: soul, hillbilly, Brit pop, indie rock, techno ... just about any genre you can think of, as long as it's fairly obscure.

Numerogrouplogo.jpg

I owned quite a few releases from this label on CD, with Burned at Boddie probably the biggest single purchase (I got it early to get a bonus disc).  I only went one time to their pop-up store in Chicago, but it was cool seeing everything all in one place.

Now virtually everything on the label can be streamed, so I am checking out a few releases I missed out on at the time.  A couple of interesting things I've listened to lately: Rupa - Disco Jazz, Jackie Shane - Any Other Way (highly recommended), Syl Johnson - Dresses Too Short and in general anything by Syl Johnson on the label.

I probably should dive back into their catalogue and see what they have put out lately...

30 minutes ago, ejp626 said:

I owned quite a few releases from this label on CD, with Burned at Boddie probably the biggest single purchase (I got it early to get a bonus disc).  I only went one time to their pop-up store in Chicago, but it was cool seeing everything all in one place.

Now virtually everything on the label can be streamed, so I am checking out a few releases I missed out on at the time.  A couple of interesting things I've listened to lately: Rupa - Disco Jazz, Jackie Shane - Any Other Way (highly recommended), Syl Johnson - Dresses Too Short and in general anything by Syl Johnson on the label.

I probably should dive back into their catalogue and see what they have put out lately...

I have the Boddie set and enjoy it very much. Also have the Syl Johnson mythology vinyl set. Its really interesting stuff and I enjoy the story of the artist/label as much as the music. I considered the Jackie Shane, I’ll keep it on my radar. 

The Rupa Biswas record is a lot of fun. But it's not half-off at DG. :mellow:

The Fern Jones is good too, albeit in very small doses.

The Cult Cargo series is worth checking out as well! $8 is a pretty good deal on those.

YouTube has a lot of full albums from Numero, for those who don't Spot-i-fy.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the headsup. I have been intrigued by this label and at these price points I ordered all the ones that reference the Cleveland area. I can share these with my brothers too who have been here through the seventies and eighties and may enjoy them.