Show yer collection! Be not afraid

BERIGAN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep wondering what my wife's reaction to this thread would be. I would hope for "Wow! You're not that bad after all; those people are crazy!!!" But I'd probably get "Oh ho! So that's where this obsession is headed! That's it; no more Organissimo for you!"

Why take chances?

those boxes seem to originally have hidden a nice bottle of wine embedded in wood chips to prevent it from breaking; shove the lid through the furrow in the side planks to open. Nice.

A very solid guess my little North Sea dwelling citizen...accurate down to ze detail about the lid and the furrow! Yet, much like all those bunker busting cruise missiles fired willy nilly at Saddam's hideaways......your miserable hanseatic league self has missed ze target!! :g Ze boxes once housed glorious butter-drenched, marzipan-stuffed, powdered sugar dusted loaves of BORS Christstollen from Bocholt!

Impossible to guess, nobody eats those here. They are all exported to the South. Those silly Austrians seem to like them. It's a good way to get rid of the crumbs sweeped from the bakery floor I guess.

Or not.

Anyone done as I have: have cd two deep in shelves? It's not an elegant solution but it does double capacity. . . .

Most of mine are two deep. I have the high shelves too which means on top of the the verticle ones I have another dozen stacked in five rows.

A devil to get at but I'd need to buy a bigger house otherwise.

Which I can't afford to do because I spend all my money...

Question:

Do you guys build these CD racks or buy them somewhere?

I'd show a picture of my CD/Record/Tape collection, but, alas, no scanner.

I could use some help here...my music collection(s) are like a giant ameoba: moving very slowly, consuming everything in it's path.

Linen closet space in my house is a pipe dream...no kidding.

TimMc

I see the Roland Kirk Mercury box on center-left. Is that the one you're selling on ebay? (Don't get Evan too excited here...  )

Yep, the Kirk box will be off to a new home soon :(

Need some Prestige/OJC/Riverside/Fantasy stuff. You look real heavy on Blue Notes.

I think my collection consists of 90% blue notes, my conns aren't even in this cabinet! Definately time to broaden my horizons and add some non-blue notes!