Show yer collection! Be not afraid

BERIGAN

Or Moose's thread on weird organization, mixing the rock with the jazz...a foolish Idea, if you ask me! ;)

I have wondered how others had their collection laid out...mine is purely the buy another cheapo spinner from laserline and see how many will stack and spin!

DSCF0080.JPG

I like my cd horizontal so I can read the titles, of course, 2 cd sets don't fit in those spinners alphabetically, so I have to use this wooden case for 2 cd sets, and various artists, alpha of course, and no rock in 'em!(Except for the one DVD audio I own , by Megadeth , that comes in a goofy too tall case, so it lays on top of other jazz cds! :angry: )

DSCF0081.JPG

My Box set collection with just a few Mosaics, that cannot be seen(Just vertical blackness, no matter how much I adjust the brightness) The Proper sets on top cost just about the same amount as the Capitol Jazz set! Not that the Capitol isn't worth it. Of course, the Frankie Trumbauer Bio-discography (Blue book on right)was the price of 4 propers as well....

DSCF0082.JPG

For anyone that thought my talk of Megadeth was a joke... buttrock.gif

DSCF0083.JPG

For the life of me, I don't know why stuff always falls off the top of these! :wacko:

DSCF0084.JPG

Need to see if I can get a fourth one on this stack! :tup

DSCF0085.JPG

Of course, whenever possible, I put all hep cds by the same artist together, to have the color flow, and If I can get to different hep artists to butt up together... :wub:

I cropped this photo, so I wouldn't have to explain why I had not one, but 2 of the same Patti Rothberg cd on the floor...wait, did I just mention...I am tired....

So, I showed what a pigpen I live in, and my cd collection...NEXT!!!!!

Edited by BERIGAN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. How often do you dust them CDs and box sets? To keep mine 'dust free', I place CDs in clear plastics (seal right) slot them in mini CD cases housed in ceiling high cabinets with doors, yet the dust still gets to them, a bit anyway.

Sorry - no pictures. :ph34r:

My God, you lot are a tidy bunch!

Area 1: Right of the patio door.

Top shelf: Latin

Second shelf: US rock

Third shelf: UK rock

Fourth shelf: UK jazz

Fifth shelf: Blue Notes, sax and trumpet US jazz

Bottom shelf: Various boxed sets.

Small bookcase - Country, bluegrass, blues.

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Area 2: Left of the patio door.

Top: Various contemporary/avanty US things.

Second shelf: Up to 1945-ish (and some Aussie jazz and Norwegian/Finnish folk music!)

Third shelf: Miles, Coltrane, Mingus etc

Fourth shelf: ECMs and similar

Fifth shelf: Singers and Swedish folk

Sixth shelf: Piano, guitar and Euro jazz that's not ECMish.

B, give me your Bing Crosby Columbia box!  B)

Say, wasn't that Trumbauer done by the same guy that did the Bix?  Yeah, I paid an arm and a leg--well, maybe a prosthetic arm and a leg--for the Bix version.  Worth it, though, if you're a fan.

Ghost,

That is the MCA box set, covering the years 1931 to 1957. Wish someone would do better than just a greatest hits box set, but then again, how could I afford it? :blink: Damn, good eyes though! :eye:

DSCF0086.JPG

Here is the Columbia Box I do have, just 3 cds, crap sound, but great liner notes from Michael Brooks(who met his hero Bing, to be let down a bit by the real Bing) with may alternate tracks, and rarities, which most people buying set would not be aware of! Dig the lens on my Dad's JBL Speaker! :wub:

I do believe you are right about the author writing both books. This book kept going up in price, I should have ordered it when I worked at borders! :angry:

An aside, I used it for years as a training exercise at Borders, I would ask for a book called Tram(Not in the title base, they had to go to Books In Print) So many people know of Bix, Bunny, and Tram, in Atlanta, and yet they don't! ^_^

Edited by BERIGAN