Paul Bley CD

LWayne

28 minutes ago, T.D. said:

I can stop kicking myself for sleeping on the recent Japanese CD reissue of Porto Novo.

That Japanese reissue is decent — while way different sound-wise than the 90's Black Lion CD —  but I bet this new hathut reissue has even better remastering. Peter Pfister has done amazing work with recent Ayler reissues.

Great music; wish they'd do something about the cover art. I find it odd that ESP are licensing out titles they recently re-pressed themselves, but whatever. It's also kinda weird that right now we have three new reissues of Porto Novo kicking around: this one, the Japanese CD, and a US vinyl reissue for Record Store Day. It's a great record, one of my favorites, but talk about a diffuse licensing model...

47 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

Great music; wish they'd do something about the cover art. I find it odd that ESP are licensing out titles they recently re-pressed themselves, but whatever. It's also kinda weird that right now we have three new reissues of Porto Novo kicking around: this one, the Japanese CD, and a US vinyl reissue for Record Store Day. It's a great record, one of my favorites, but talk about a diffuse licensing model...

Could it be because Stollman is no longer around?