America unleashed

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2012/02/14/police-report-martha-vazquez-banned-from-tucson-mall-park-place-after-alleged-shoplifting%3fmedia=AMP%2bHTML

i remember when Dillard’s security followed my sister and I around the store and we both had Dillard’s credit cards in our names..lol

Heck I was working at the mall at the time 

They should have been watching the Tucson
Newscaster 

Edit 

just talked to my sister about it 

she will never forgot that situation 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Some people never learn. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna918476

most ridiculous one ever 

people that do that BS deserved to called out / harassed and lose their jobs 

Edited by Soulstation1

6 minutes ago, medjuck said:

Yeah, this was a depressing story from the start. Police want trust, and I'm a big police supporter, but how in the world can trust be built when officers in this situation do not turn on body cameras? It seems way too often when bad stuff happens, the body camera is off.

1 hour ago, Soulstation1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2012/02/14/police-report-martha-vazquez-banned-from-tucson-mall-park-place-after-alleged-shoplifting%3fmedia=AMP%2bHTML

i remember when Dillard’s security followed my sister and I around the store and we both had Dillard’s credit cards in our names..lol

Heck I was working at the mall at the time 

They should have been watching the Tucson
Newscaster 

Edit 

just talked to my sister about it 

she will never forgot that situation 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna918476

most ridiculous one ever 

people that do that BS deserved to called out / harassed and lose their jobs 

yeah, I posted something about this on IG; short version is I grew up in a very very white neighborhood and when I was a teen asked one of the few black classmates I had about his experience of racism, and it was basically this. Really opened my eyes at that time to something that was otherwise a completely abstract concept.

44 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Yeah, this was a depressing story from the start. Police want trust, and I'm a big police supporter, but how in the world can trust be built when officers in this situation do not turn on body cameras? It seems way too often when bad stuff happens, the body camera is off.

McAtee's nephew has a credible account of what happened here.  It is mind-boggling that the body cams weren't on in such a situation.  When I was pulled over in Manhattan last year for a minor traffic offense, the officer asked if he could turn his camera on.  Failing to turn a body cam on against department regulations should be a fireable offense. 

On 6/3/2020 at 3:21 PM, ghost of miles said:

WTF? Via Josh Marshall:

The last 48 hours have seen multiple press reports of people who appear to be federal law enforcement patrolling in the vicinity of the White House, refusing to identify who they are or what agency they represent. According to a report this afternoon from Garrett Haake of NBC News federal law enforcement officers of some kind pushed the crowd perimeter back from the White House but refused to identify themselves, what agency they represented and had removed all insignia or name plates that might identify them.

Turns out they’re federal prison riot teams.

Double WTF. 

Figaro, newspaper of reference for a century in France, top page, the abstract of an analysis reads like this:

If White people are not discriminated against, that's because Black people are. For these latter to stop being discriminated against, it is necessary for these former to become. The war of the races is a zero-sum game.

Mostly positive support in the comment section...
It was like this for a day, they have just updated and modified the abstract.

original text: Si les Blancs ne sont pas discriminés, c’est que les Noirs le sont. Pour que ces derniers ne le soient plus, il faut que les premiers le deviennent. La guerre des races est un jeu à somme nulle.

Edited by aparxa

Based on my knowledge of French (admittedly I’m no expert and relying on a few years of high school French), the translation is correct, although the sentence doesn’t make sense to me. Perhaps there is some larger context. I also checked it against a couple of translation services. 

Edited by Brad

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

McGuinn and McGuire couldn't get no higher
But that's what they were aimin' at.

Love that song.  Maybe because it references my late friend Zalman  but also because even James Michener was impressed by

"Busted, disgusted, agents can't be trusted." 

Edited by medjuck

15 hours ago, Brad said:

Based on my knowledge of French (admittedly I’m no expert and relying on a few years of high school French), the translation is correct, although the sentence doesn’t make sense to me. Perhaps there is some larger context. I also checked it against a couple of translation services. 

I think to get at the original writer's meaning, you need to add the words "discriminated against" to the sentence that currently ends with "for these former to become." The writer is saying that if blacks are to cease being discriminated against, it is necessary for whites to start being discriminated against--because fairness is a zero-sum game. I'm not sure I agree with him (could we not achieve a world in which no one is discriminated against?) but I do understand his meaning.