Perhaps a way to help artists on Spotify

medjuck

Math for fun!

It appears spotify pays $.006 to $.0084

So a 3 mins song on continuous look without interruption it would provide $1.44 to $2.16 a day and $526 to $736 year in royalties.

Now I'm thinking if you made a 10 second song and played that continuously could you cheat the system. I wonder there is a minimum time for royalties. I don't think so. 

Edited by jcam_44

The electricity to operate a desktop based on SCE tier one rates for a whole year would cost you about $215 - $250. The actually consumption of a pc was all over the place based on what I was looking at so this is just an estimate using SCE $.18/kwh rate. Though I think its $.187 but didn't feel like pulling out my bill.  

On 6/19/2020 at 8:10 PM, medjuck said:

And if ten people did it......

yes, it would be a substantial amount if people did this for the same artist. 

On 6/18/2020 at 11:29 PM, medjuck said:

This is probably a stupid idea given how little artists and composers are paid for being played on Spotify but could we help artists we like by keeping Spotify playing their works constantly whether or not we're present to hear them? 

Yes, and please stream my albums.  CD Baby sends me quarterly deposits ranging from $100 to $104. :lol: