Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto (Impulse) --> fresh new monk!

EKE BBB

Turns out my order with amazon.co.uk was marked as dispatched !?! At the same time the refund is listed. But it is listed as sold by chalkys. The new offer is sold by amazon uk! I tried again, and so far it went through, CD was notified as being in stock. Even cheaper than the previous offer. Okay ......

Typing "Monk Palo Alto" into the search field on amazon.de only yields ads for expensive shoes ....

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mikeweil said:

Turns out my order with amazon.co.uk was marked as dispatched !?! At the same time the refund is listed. But it is listed as sold by chalkys. The new offer is sold by amazon uk! I tried again, and so far it went through, CD was notified as being in stock. Even cheaper than the previous offer. Okay ......

Typing "Monk Palo Alto" into the search field on amazon.de only yields ads for expensive shoes ....

Hope you don't get charged 2 or 3 times.

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

My copy has just arrived! There's hope for all of you who ordered from Amazon UK in the last couple of days.

Now to play it and see if it's worth all the fuss

Great news! I ordered a copy yesterday, but no dispatch notice yet, so crossing my fingers—also on the other side of the pond, so it’ll be sometime before it arrives, if it does indeed ship. Is the UK still under EU copyright law? No idea in the wake of Brexit how it may still apply to UK or where the UK is in terms of officially being out, but wondering if the 50-year limit is allowing this release to slip through overseas... given that the recording was made in 1968?

4 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Great news! I ordered a copy yesterday, but no dispatch notice yet, so crossing my fingers—also on the other side of the pond, so it’ll be sometime before it arrives, if it does indeed ship. Is the UK still under EU copyright law? No idea in the wake of Brexit how it may still apply to UK or where the UK is in terms of officially being out, but wondering if the 50-year limit is allowing this release to slip through overseas... given that the recording was made in 1968?

British copyright acts says

"Sound Recordings

50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was created, or,

if the work is released within that time: 70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was first released." 

Does that mean that copyright actually expired on Jan 1 2019? (Which is the same as the "EU copyright law" BTW)

Edited by Daniel A

I keep checking Amazon here in the US but it still says that the product is unavailable. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed to not be able to get an album before! I hope whatever resolution appears to have been reached for the UK is also resolved in the US soon!