Thelonious Monk - Palo Alto (Impulse) --> fresh new monk!

EKE BBB

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, gvopedz said:

Let's hope more people discover (or discover) Monk and that there is an increase in the sales of Monk CDs.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

also, are there any more “lost” recordings rumored to be out there? 

FINALLY! Here it is! 🎉 The graphic design is killer. Even the record sleeve itself is really cool. It included a reproduction of the poster from the original performance and the program with all of the notes in it and advertisers also from the original concert. Excellent work. Sounds fantastic  too. Very happy 

Edited by BrianB

3 hours ago, bresna said:

Weird question but I have to ask... have any of you who received the EU version noticed a strange chemical odor when you opened this CD? I only ask because I have had this open for a few weeks now and it still reeks.

There’s a mild whiff of what reminds me of wallpaper paste on the inside cover of mine. Hardly noticeable, I have to say.

5 hours ago, bresna said:

Weird question but I have to ask... have any of you who received the EU version noticed a strange chemical odor when you opened this CD? I only ask because I have had this open for a few weeks now and it still reeks.

No strange odour on mine.  That might be the first time I've deliberately, or accidentally, sniffed a CD cover :lol:

6 hours ago, bresna said:

Seal it up in a box with a bar of ivory soap or any soap without scents and shit added. Give it a couple of days, might take a week though. I was advised to do this when I bought some vintage Christmas ornaments on eBay from a "smoke free" house. Completely reeked of cigarette smoke it was awful. But the soap bar in the box did the trick perfectly.

7 hours ago, sidewinder said:

There’s a mild whiff of what reminds me of wallpaper paste on the inside cover of mine. Hardly noticeable, I have to say.

Wallpaper paste! That's it! It's still very strong on the booklet and poster but it's finally fading on the cover material. When I first opened it, i got a headache.

14 hours ago, mjazzg said:

No strange odour on mine.  That might be the first time I've deliberately, or accidentally, sniffed a CD cover :lol:

You need to check out Peter Tosh - Bush Doctor. I recall that it had a scratch and sniff sticker that had very distinctive aroma of the non legal variety...

2 hours ago, Clunky said:

You need to check out Peter Tosh - Bush Doctor. I recall that it had a scratch and sniff sticker that had very distinctive aroma of the non legal variety...

Yes, of course! I remember that vaguely. I was at school and I'm not sure whether anyone actually bought the album or whether we just talked about it a lot.