Mosaic Records Brochures

I'm relatively new to this forum and have been looking through some of the older postings in vain for Mosaic Records brochures.  The Fred/Alan website has a number of PDFs of the Mosaic Records brochures they put out between 1984 and 1992, but I'm particularly looking for a pdf of brochures 10, 16, 19, 21 and on (until they stopped making them).  Does anybody have a way of digitizing these?  Are these already online?

Without having intended specifically to collect Mosaic brochures, I did happen to keep all those that I got that were included with all my Mosaic “big box” purchases - which I simply tucked in the boxes as I made Mosaic purchases over the years, starting around 1994 (iirc).

Not sure what brochure numbers I have, I’ll have to look.

5 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Without having intended specifically to collect Mosaic brochures, I did happen to keep all those that I got that were included with all my Mosaic “big box” purchases - which I simply tucked in the boxes as I made Mosaic purchases over the years, starting around 1994 (iirc).

Not sure what brochure numbers I have, I’ll have to look.

Thanks so much!

just checked mine - looks like I have all of them from #8 to #94 (was that the last one? - annual edition 2015 with Eddie Condon on cover)

I have  a few duplicates too (Mosaic did that for some reason) - used to cut out some of the pics & paste them onto heavier card & create birthday cards for people

Thats a lot of scanning (86 booklets) to create PDF's - maybe I should slowly attempt that

13 hours ago, romualdo said:

just checked mine - looks like I have all of them from #8 to #94 (was that the last one? - annual edition 2015 with Eddie Condon on cover)

I have  a few duplicates too (Mosaic did that for some reason) - used to cut out some of the pics & paste them onto heavier card & create birthday cards for people

Thats a lot of scanning (86 booklets) to create PDF's - maybe I should slowly attempt that

That would be wonderful if you could! 

The Fred/Alan website has a number of thee earlier ones already online though:

https://fredalan.org/post/69289947/mosaic-records-1984-1992

Here are the ones that are missing:

16, 18, and 21 - 94

I'd love to see any of those that you might have!

Purely as a matter of curiosity--understanding it's none of my business and you're free not to answer!--but I'm just wondering why do you want them? I mean, I have a bunch too, but that's largely because I'm just a hopeless packrat!

gregmo

29 minutes ago, gmonahan said:

Purely as a matter of curiosity--understanding it's none of my business and you're free not to answer!--but I'm just wondering why do you want them? I mean, I have a bunch too, but that's largely because I'm just a hopeless packrat!

gregmo

I used to have a lot of them but I got rid of them. I discovered a few months ago I still had a couple left. They were well done and kept those. Not sorry I tossed out the others but I would have liked to kept a couple more. 

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I used to have a lot of them but I got rid of them. I discovered a few months ago I still had a couple left. They were well done and kept those. Not sorry I tossed out the others but I would have liked to kept a couple more. 

I'm trying to figure out which titles are all-Analog and which ones are digitally sourced.  Starting with booklet 10, Mosaic began to identify their sources for their vinyl box sets.

1 hour ago, brednjam1 said:

I'm trying to figure out which titles are all-Analog and which ones are digitally sourced.  Starting with booklet 10, Mosaic began to identify their sources for their vinyl box sets.

Perhaps you could write to Scott at Mosaic with your question. 

18 hours ago, brednjam1 said:

Interesting! Thanks for the response. I liked them because occasionally, they provided insights on what was going on at Mosaic (and because they once published a letter I'd written them asking about the process for leasing sets--remember when we used to write letters?!)

gregmo

Does anyone remember the website that used to archive the notes (or was it just the discography?)  of the Mosaic boxes?  Does it still exist?  I may try the Wayback machine. Just wondering if anyone knows. That would probably have the desired information. 

Edited by jazztrain

On 7/4/2020 at 8:04 AM, jazztrain said:

Does anyone remember the website that used to archive the notes (or was it just the discography?)  of the Mosaic boxes?  Does it still exist?  I may try the Wayback machine. Just wondering if anyone knows. That would probably have the desired information. 

Are you thinking of deus62's Mosaic discographies page? I think he used to be a member here, but he revamped his site some time ago and the discographies are no longer available on it. The old URL was http://deus62.com/download-mosaic-records-discographies/ , and if you go back to snapshots that are several years old on the Wayback Machine you can pull up the page, but the actual PDFs of the discographies don't seem to be archived there. 

5 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

Are you thinking of deus62's Mosaic discographies page? I think he used to be a member here, but he revamped his site some time ago and the discographies are no longer available on it. The old URL was http://deus62.com/download-mosaic-records-discographies/ , and if you go back to snapshots that are several years old on the Wayback Machine you can pull up the page, but the actual PDFs of the discographies don't seem to be archived there. 

Thanks, Dave.  Yes, I think that's what I was thinking of.  I'll take a look.  I was hoping that some of the liner notes might be there.  Over the years, I've obtained a small number of sets w/o the box or booklets and was hoping to get access to the notes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.6.2020 at 10:15 PM, mikeweil said:

Mine are in a box in the basement. Will have a look tomorrow.

Finally located the boxes. The first contains # 4 to 15, 25, and 37 to 61, as well as some special mailings on the Commodore and Nat King Cole boxes. What do you need?