Whither Moms Mobley? With an "O"?

4 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

"She" is a he, and his member name is Moms Mobley. He used to be Clementine. Unlike you, I do not miss his incendiary contributions to the board. Your occasional provocations are more than plenty for me.

Thank you.  Moms Mobley, a.k.a. Clementine.  Either way, I miss her, and I enjoyed her contributions.  I hope she comes back. 

4 minutes ago, Teasing the Korean said:

How do you know?  

I've had enough off-line interactions with his person and his other work, that's how I know.

He still posts here every so often, I hope he's ok in real life. He lives in Coco Central, so...

I like him and what he brings, even if it does sometimes piss me off in style. The substance is almost always good.

2 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I've had enough off-line interactions with his person and his other work, that's how I know.

He still posts here every so often, I hope he's ok in real life. He lives in Coco Central, so...

I like him and what he brings, even if it does sometimes piss me off in style. The substance is almost always good.

OK, thanks.  I came across him when I found my "Mike Nesmith is More Important than Gram Parsons" thread, and he agreed with me. 

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

.... And I thought Clementine/Moms was professional Brooklynite Brian Berger.

Or at least Brian something. Definitely a Brooklynite, and back in the day some of the cognoscenti addressed him as "Brian".

[Added] After googling, yeah, probably Berger. As much as one can be sure of the identity of anyone posting on the Internet.

Someone on this forum once theorized that Clem/Moms = "Gio", the prolific Amazon reviewer whose reviews of Renaissance polyphony CDs I've often read. I consider that improbable but hey, it's the Internet, so by no means out of the question.

Edited by T.D.

2 hours ago, T.D. said:

Or at least Brian something. Definitely a Brooklynite, and back in the day some of the cognoscenti addressed him as "Brian".

[Added] After googling, yeah, probably Berger. As much as one can be sure of the identity of anyone posting on the Internet.

Someone on this forum once theorized that Clem/Moms = "Gio", the prolific Amazon reviewer whose reviews of Renaissance polyphony CDs I've often read. I consider that improbable but hey, it's the Internet, so by no means out of the question.

I was the one who thought for a while that he was GIO on Amazon, who has led me to lots of good stuff in the early music area and saved me from much bad stuff, but when I looked more carefully at the long list of activities and hobbies that GIO was into based on his very long list of Amazon purchases (semi-professional or maybe professional early music bassoonist), long distance bike rider, Civil War buff, etc.) I decided that GIO could not be Clementine/Moms. OTOH, there was something about GIO's at times rather abrasive, know-it-all form of address that did bring Clem/Moms strongly to mind. Also, IIRC, GIO seemed to be based in the San Francisco area.