2020 MLB Season Poll

2020 MLB Season  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MLB will force the start of the season despite infections, but Covid-19 will run rampant through the players at some point, and they'll have to shut down. I think MLB will be surprised by the lack of interest in baseball, their moment is gone, and the ratings will be in free fall for the next couple of seasons. I don't think any sport should start up, but money is money.

17 minutes ago, Matthew said:

MLB will force the start of the season despite infections, but Covid-19 will run rampant through the players at some point, and they'll have to shut down. I think MLB will be surprised by the lack of interest in baseball, their moment is gone, and the ratings will be in free fall for the next couple of seasons. I don't think any sport should start up, but money is money.

I disagree.  If they can start the season, people will watch. Since the Bundesliga has restarted in Germany, it has been very successful. The same in Spain, Italy and England, where football has also restarted. People are starved for diversions and there are no other team sports available to watch. 

3 hours ago, Brad said:

I didn’t vote in the poll because I don’t know — I don’t know if anyone does — what will happen. 

How silly.

Its just a guess about the future, ranging from extremely pessimistic to pessimistic, kinda pessimistic and bright and shiny optimism.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

How silly.

Its just a guess about the future, ranging from extremely pessimistic to pessimistic, kinda pessimistic and bright and shiny optimism.

Not silly. Impossible to predict what’s going to happen. Although I’d like to see a season, I have no idea what will take place. 

3 hours ago, JSngry said:

My guess is that I'm ready to tell MLB to go fuck itself, but that wasn't an option on the poll. What's the closest correct answer?

I'm very close to this stage, any of these bs changes become permanent e.g., dh in the NL, starting runners on second, I'm gone.

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

I'm very close to this stage, any of these bs changes become permanent e.g., dh in the NL, starting runners on second, I'm gone.

For sure, the pitcher hitting is a goner and although I like it, the NL is the only league in organized baseball using it. At some point, the DH was going to become universal.