Marble League 2020

Event 4 just wrapped up minutes ago.  While Newton's Cradle may not be the flashiest event, this one had a very exciting finish.

The season is now one quarter complete and my Crazy Cat's Eyes are still in contention for a medal, but there's a long way to go.  That's literally the case next week when the event will be the Long Jump.

The Triathlon is Event 8.  Contestants must dash across sand, race around a Marbula One style track and then make their way to the finish line underwater.  It all makes for a pretty exciting race and this event had a particularly thrilling, come-from-behind victory.

Event 9:  The Sand Mogul Race

Sigh.  A lackluster performance by my team, but the Crazy Cat's Eyes still hold steady at third place in the overall rankings.  They're gonna have to start winning some medals again soon if they want to make up any ground or the dadgum O'Rangers might just roll away with it all.  Next event -- The 5 Meter Sprint.

Event 10:  The 5 Meter Sprint

A new league record for this event was set today and we have a new team atop the standings board after this race.  Unfortunately, it's not Crazy Cat's Eyes who seem content to be stuck in third place right now.  "Gimme a C, Gimme a C, Gimme an E, Crazy Cat's Eyes, We're Number Three!"

Event 11:  The Black Hole Funnel

A dizzying performance by Red Eye as he perhaps tries to atone for his woeful attempt in the last event.  But will it be enough for the Crazy Cat's Eyes to move ahead?  There is another change atop the leader board after today's event.  Who will it be?

Event 12:  The Relay Race

This is a fast & exciting event.  Unfortunately, my Crazy Cat's Eyes performed about as well as one would expect a team of cats to do.  This was Event 12 of 16, so one can already hear the fat lady warming up.  Time for CCE to focus and start clawing their way up the standings.

Event 13:  The High Jump

First the good news.  There was a Marble League Record set in this event today.  Now the bad news (for me at least) -- it sure as shootin' wasn't set by that slow, lazy, useless ball of #**@&*# Red Eye from Crazy Cat's Eyes.  At this point, it's safe to say this year the Eyes won't be on the prize.

Event 15:  Collision

If you enjoy the drama and fast-paced action of a 3 AM pub brawl, then this is the event for you!  Survival is the name of the game here and after this event there will be only three teams left with a shot at winning all the, um . . . well, you know, in Marble League 2020.  As for the Crazy Cat's Eyes, as announcer Greg Woods says, "they are the best-placed team that cannot win" the Marble League (or as I heard him say, "they are the best").  Only one more event to go . . .

And it all comes down to this . . .

Event 16:  The Marathon

A thrilling event which brings to an end an exciting season  This race was a bit of a roller coaster ride for me as a Crazy Cat's Eyes fan.  If you watch it and see Red Eye's crazy antics, you'll know why.  At this point, I think not only should Red Eye loose his position as team captain, I'm not even sure he should be a member of next year's team.  He's simply underperformed too often this season.  I hear good things about Pink Eye and hope she might be considered for a spot on next year's team (although I fear she faces some discriminatory hurdles just because of her name).

Still, a decent season for CCE, finishing with 4 medals -- 1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze.  That is something to build upon next year as CCE HOSTS THE 2021 MARBLE LEAGUE!

:excited:

• 8 months later...