Shirley Scott- Soul Sister

bebopbob

Just found a copy of the Shirley Scott  “Soul Sister” CD on the Prestige Legends of Acid Jazz Series which lists 13 tracks, the last being “Now’s The Time”. The copy I have only contains 12 tracks - anyone else notice this ? Anyone have a copy with 13 tracks? 

Thanks,

Bob 

25 minutes ago, bebopbob said:

Just found a copy of the Shirley Scott  “Soul Sister” CD on the Prestige Legends of Acid Jazz Series which lists 13 tracks, the last being “Now’s The Time”. The copy I have only contains 12 tracks - anyone else notice this ? Anyone have a copy with 13 tracks? 

Thanks,

Bob 

Amazon shows this as having 13 tracks.  Per an Amazon reviewer, 6 are from Travelin' Light, 6 are from Soul Sister, and 1 is from Now's The Time.  https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Sister-Legends-Acid-Jazz/dp/B00002SWL8

20 hours ago, mjzee said:

Amazon shows this as having 13 tracks.  Per an Amazon reviewer, 6 are from Travelin' Light, 6 are from Soul Sister, and 1 is from Now's The Time.  https://www.amazon.com/Soul-Sister-Legends-Acid-Jazz/dp/B00002SWL8

I saw that too. He also claims 74 minute total which would be correct for 13 tracks, but I doubt he played it! Another reviewer states he hasn't heard it but goes on to say that the track "We'll Be Together Again" is missing!! :D

My copy is also 12 tracks. I bought it about 15 years ago. Friend of mine has a "promo" copy, also 12 tracks.

Edited by Marzz

My copy (made by ZYX in Germany) has 13 tracks, Now's the Time included.

4 hours ago, Marzz said:

Another reviewer states he hasn't heard it but goes on to say that the track "We'll Be Together Again" is missing!! :D

Nonsense. Scott recorded that tune only later, for her Impulse LP "Girl Talk".

There is no unissued material from these two Prestige sessions.

Edited by mikeweil

18 hours ago, mikeweil said:

My copy (made by ZYX in Germany) has 13 tracks, Now's the Time included.

Nonsense. Scott recorded that tune only later, for her Impulse LP "Girl Talk".

There is no unissued material from these two Prestige sessions.

Yes, my point exactly. Plus Kenny Burrell isn't even on the "Girl Talk" LP. Just thought it amusing as he also adds that he hasn't heard the Lem Winchester session but it should be good - 4 & 1/2 stars!!

Interesting about the ZYX. I have a few other titles in this series as ZYX German imports as well as OJCs. ZYX were common in Australia, but not the Shirley Scott evidently.

Edited by Marzz

I have a cutout copy of the US domestic CD copyright 1999, and it has 13 cuts including "Now's The Time".   The "Now's The Time" album didn't get released until 1967 according to Discogs.  It was a "scraps in the vault" thing, as so many Prestige albums were.