Slowness of Mail Order

I've done business with Dusty Groove off and on over the years, but Chicago and/or the USPS must have mucked things up. My order shipped June 10 and it didn't make it out of the Chicago area until arriving in Nashville 20 days later. Maybe it was lost in a back corner of a distribution center... Maybe it is too dangerous to venture out in a mail truck in Chicago these days.

I've had that experience recently with Groove orders as well. It's not the store's fault, but Chicago's post office. A friend from my time at UC still in Chicago has told me it's very common, especially now, for delayed mail from there.

No question, delays getting thru Chicago pre-date anything the pandemic may have caused. In fact, the impetus for me to post the "USPS SUCKS" thread was a DG order that spent 11 days at the distribution center in Chicago - and it was Priority, not Media.

This is all interesting. Squidco ships using media mail, & my orders from North Carolina to New Mexico usually take 2 -3 days. I'm not complaining, but wonder how that works. They also always provide tracking numbers.

Edited by jlhoots

1 hour ago, jlhoots said:

This is all interesting. Squidco ships using media mail, & my orders from North Carolina to New Mexico usually take 2 -3 days. I'm not complaining, but wonder how that works. They also always provide tracking numbers.

My pandemic orders from Squidco (media mail as noted) have taken weeks to go from NC to upstate NY. Seemingly because they get routed through the infamous Jersey City hub. Maybe it boils down to the configuration of the hub network and possible weak links therein.

Re. transatlantic shipping that became a dead loss a long time ago for reasons of cost, let alone customs delays. I just priced up a couple of CD sets on Bandcamp. $75 for 7 CDs would be a great price. But add $25+ shipping, and tax, duty and processing charges on top of that, and you are a bit over double that. Add the month or more wait and...and nothing. In what world.