sgcim

IFS came to my attention when I found out he co-wrote the Nilsson tune "Wailing of the Willow". I did a search on him, and came up with an album by the Hi-Lo's that he did all the arrangements of folk songs, and did some amazing things with them.

Then I found out he composed the original theme for the TV show "Magnum", which was a great, swinging piece, but they replaced it with a standard Mike Post funk/rock theme.

Then I came up with a Four Freshman album he arranged, which didn't sound like a typical FF album. Some of his vocal arr. on that album were worthy of Gene Puerling.

In 1963, he started the Singer's Inc. a group with accomplished composer/arrangers-Geo. Tipton,IFS, Perry Botkin, and two singers Jimmy Bryant (the guy who sang Tony's role in the motion picture version of West Side Story-for union scale, cause he was unemployed at the time!), and Sue Allen, a singer from the 40s and 50s.

They only made one album accompanied by a small jazz group including Howard Roberts. There are only two cuts available on You Tube, which sound like light  Hi-Lo type stuff, but the other tunes on the album are standards, and probably more interesting.

Does anyone have this LP, or know anything about IFS that isn't in WIKI?