should Mike Weil open an organissimo GROUP (NOT a forum) as a backup on Facebook?

David Ayers

Poll: should Mike Weil open an organissimo GROUP (NOT a forum) as a backup on Facebook?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just as an example of what happens when forums split into FB groups, one guy did this with another forum I visit, and he turned the place into a dictatorship!

You found yourself banned if you made one statement the leader didn't agree with. One real life friend of mine told me that a friend of his joined the group, and tried to log in one day, and found he had a lifetime ban from the FB group, and he didn't even know what he said that got him banned!

My friend said the guy who was banned was shattered by being banned, because he wanted to stay in the group.

I wouldn't touch said FB group with a ten foot pole, and I never wanted to join FB to begin with, but I was doing some research on a particular artist, and the person I was emailing about that artist refused to communicate any other way except by FB. I use FB as little as is humanly possible.

I'm absolutely certain Mike would not become an unreasonable tyrant leading a Facebook group!

I've had a different experience in a Facebook group, a political one. Like minds really fueling a sense of community and no more "issues" than happens on this forum, less in fact.

But I expect the present group created on Facebook to just be an "emergency safe house" rather than a full-blown replacement forum, which it just can't be.

Edited by jazzbo

22 hours ago, mikeweil said:

There are things I am better at doing than ice cream or middle eastern food trucks. I will pass on this request to people more competent in this respect. 

Aah no - there all located over here ..... 

Really disappointed to hear this.  I've been jonesin' for a falafel wrap.  

Edit:  I ended up sautéing some portobello mushrooms and having them over a bed of lettuce with cherry tomatoes.  

Edited by Teasing the Korean

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Currywurst?

No!!! Never eat that stuff.

C'mon folks - no way I will start some food business. Plenty good facilities out there. Although the jazz in the background is missing with all those existing. :P

The facebook group exists, BTW - I didn't open it, but those that we knew already were on fb were invited and have joined. All private, not viewable by the general public, no discussions. We just know we are there.

Edited by mikeweil

38 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

C'mon folks - no way I will start some food business. Plenty good facilities out there. Although the jazz in the background is missing with all those existing. :P

Here is your way to kill two birds with one stone. Buy this book, make its contents you menu, and only play records by people with recipes in the book.

41q36FrwthL._SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_

Just watch out for Nat Adderley's Souse recipie...no wonder those guys were so fat all the time!

Some of our facebook group members admitted to have been more on facebook than here and said they want to visit the forum more now. So the effect is positive!

BTW I had trouble finding it myself again as it really does not show up anywhere, not even in my (public) activities list! No fear ...