Internet Outage(s)?

JSngry

Hey global citizens, what's been up with your internet within the last 1-2 hours? Ours here, we couldn't get but 1-2 sites to connect. Rebooted all modems/routers/devices and still nothing until about 15-20 minutes ago, when sites started loading, not all at once, and not fully immediately, but now all favorites are back, including this one. But before that, nothing except my very local email server. Nothing.

Was this just a local/regional thing, or did it happens where you are as well?

My modem appears to have died today. It was working this morning and then about 5 hours ago - nothing. I am logged onto my neighbor's router now. The big pain is that I bought my own router to save on the monthly rental so now the cable company is saying they can't do anything. If I buy a new cable modem/router and it doesn't work, they probably still won't send anyone out to check my wires because they'll continue to claim that it's my equipment.

Yeah, they did that here, unleaded the land line biz, but they also threw in the FIOS operation. I love FIOS, don't think I'd want anything other than fiber, but great performance and an unstable business supporting it aren't exactly complimentary dynamics...