Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on L.A.’s historic Central Avenue jazz scene

not central ave related but the other day i finally saw the crown records bldg on normandie.  there indeed was an open door and urban exploring would of happened if i would of had a close parking space.......in its heyday they ran 80 manual record presses and recorded all in house.  I should of gone to see the earth angel garage too but i would of been compelled to walk in the driveway for a closer look which would of been dangerous as it is someones home and you know how people are about random people in peoples driveways, as they should be......

No photo description available.

i also didn't do the richie valens pacioma neighbourhood tour or dexter gordons old apt bldg or central ave stuff i mean i had a 20 hr drive ahead of me and if i went to central i never would of left there would of been so much to check out :(

actually you know i would of really wanted to ring the bell, and ask if for a $50 admission charge they'd be so kind to let me see the garage, but when you see it on google maps...............i dont think, from the automobile selection in the driveway, that the current resident, would be sympathetic to my cause..........

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

and of course i didnt go to hawthorne to see the beach boys house plaque where the street used to be that would of been a good stop.  i mean there were like 500 places to visit and i seriously needed to get on the road, i had a huge drive ahead of me. It probably was my last so cal trip

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

12 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

and of course i didnt go to hawthorne to see the beach boys house plaque where the street used to be that would of been a good stop.  i mean there were like 500 places to visit and i seriously needed to get on the road, i had a huge drive ahead of me. It probably was my last so cal trip

but you have made the Gold Star pilgrimage at least once, I hope.

dude - all the longer that I've been in LA was overnight for one night. but I made sure to go past Gold Star, get out of the car, and just stand there for about 15 minutes. It was, like, 7 AM, nobody there, and talk about hearing things...I swear I hear all that music still bouncing around from inside the walls.

Of course, that was all just imagination, but if you know what that place is, you can feel those vibes.

Also, same morning on the way out of town, drove by the Hollywood bow. Dude that shit was UNLOCKED. We just walked right in and got up on stage. Fucking crazy how that was like that.

You're still a young man, you will be back.

13 hours ago, Big Beat Steve said:

It sho' reads funny! ^_^

Dude, that's not translating well....